Obama wins in South Carolina

Discussion in 'Politics' started by steve46, Jan 26, 2008.

1. With the majority of votes cast, clearly Barak Obama has won the South Carolina primary...

Taking almost 58% of the votes...

Hillary got less than 27% and Edwards came in a distant third

Exit polls showed that many voters had reservations about Hillary. Some indicated concerns about her strident tone. Personally I think she lacks sincerity and is willing to say just about anything she thinks an audience will "buy" in order to get elected.....I find her abrasive. Also (and this caps it for me) she lacks the intelligence and education that her husband brought to the job....For instance, at one point in the recent past she spoke out publicly stating her concerns that China might have a harmful effect on US economy. Why?. Because of their investments in US treasuries.......:D Clearly the woman lacks an understanding of international markets and economics (and God knows what else)...We've already had enough of that with George Bush I think.

Congrats and good luck to Obama

2. Doesn't matter, John Wayne McCain will blow all posers out of the water. Obama is a media creation and a joke, no way in hell America is going to put this cat in as prez and his just got off an elephant wife ain't helping. Maybe if he dumped her for Pamela Anderson he'd have a better chance. Nobody loves the blacks better than me, just being realistic.

Abraham Lincoln Rennick out:cool:

3. I find Obama sly. He had his team put a racial spin on Bill Clinton's reference to his "fairy tale" record on the Iraq war, then, when he saw that his commanding advantage with South Carolina's majority black voters was assured he came on all noble and concilliatory, decrying the race factor as beneath him and his fellow Democrats.

The primaries timing was made to order for Obama. He goes into Super Tuesday coming off a spectacular win that gives him a credibility that assures a heavy black turnout. Black Dems will see Obama as the noble black man fighting off the evil racist conspirators while white Dems will see him as the color-blind man of reason who will bring harmony to all Americans at long last.

Obama played the race card with a degree of finesse worthy of his obvious intelligence.

He keeps shouting about "change" . What change? Like Hillary, and unlike Edwards, he's financed by lobbyists. He's just a black male version of Hillary or any other sellout wannabe.

Obama's noble human being act may have served him well in South Carolina and it may carry him to the Nomination, but the gloves will be off in the Presidential race and by then Obama's strategy will have become transparent and vulnerable.

Lastly, he regards John Kennedy as a "great man". Kennedy was all image, no substance. Without Johnson Kennedy would have left no legacy. Without Mafia support, Kennedy, son of the criminal Joseph K., would never have made it to the White House.

Obama's almost a black JFK except that, while he's more intelligent than JFK, he doesn't have the backing ( criminal and otherwise ) that JFK had.

He'll never make it.

4. Mercor

Mercor

Yes.
    The big success of Kennedy is the Cuban missile debacle.
    Kennedy "solved" the problem by agreeing to never attack Cuba.

Gee, you think North Korea, Iran and others may have learned something form this.

A horrible precedent.

5. WASHINGTON -- Senator Edward M. Kennedy will endorse Barack Obama for president tomorrow, breaking his year-long neutrality to send a powerful signal of where the legendary Massachusetts Democrat sees the party going -- and who he thinks is best to lead it.

Kennedy confidantes told the Globe today that the Bay State's senior senator will appear with Obama and Kennedy's niece, Caroline Kennedy, at a morning rally at American University in Washington tomorrow to announce his support.

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/01/ted_kennedy_end.html

6. Mercor

Mercor

Obama has been reaching out to the moderate and republican, This is not good for Obama in the general election

7. I agree, it could be the kiss of death for Obama. He was endorsed by Kerry and Kennedy, how can he possibly lose in the general election? :D

8. Dr. Fill

Hillary and Bill have tried to play their own version of the race card at every opportunity. Too bad they couldn't get the job done in South Carolina...where Bill Clinton "dismissed" the black voters saying that Jesse Jackson had won this primary twice (implying that it wasn't an important primary, and that the people of South Carolina weren't an important voting block)....That ONE COMMENT effectively cashed in all Bill and Hillary's chips as far as I am concerned....everywhere across the country, people of color saw that comment and probably said to themselves "oh..so we don't have the power to elect a president....Bill Clinton and his smart ass wife believe that it is white voters who will control this election in other states....."

Lets see what happens...you think Obama is sly....Hillary and Bill are actually eliteists masquarading as down home folks, and not doing a very good job of it...No matter how many times Hillary's handlers tell her to soften her presentation, she still comes across as cold and calculating...The fact that she is still with Bill after all his philandering suggests that she is all about the power...and not really into "changing" anything at all. How sly is that....?

#10     Jan 27, 2008