Obama White House Wants To Track And Tax Your Mileage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc8222, May 6, 2011.

1. Republican Texas tried this before Obama.

As I have said in the past Obama is always stealing republican ideas

Texas to Study Per-Mile Gas Tax

6 January 2010 - 11:00am

Transportation officials in Texas are recommending a fresh look at the prospect of taxing the state's drivers by the mile.

Texas transportation officials say the study is meant to help give lawmakers information on options ahead of their next regular session in 2011, when they confront a funding squeeze that is expected to drain the highway fund of money for new construction contracts by 2012.

'We need to think differently about how we fund transportation,' Texas Transportation Commission Chairwoman Deirdre Delisi said at a Texas Taxpayers and Research Association forum in November."

Texas joins other states and the federal government in considering the move. Though many in the state concede a transition from a per-gallon tax to a per-mile tax would be politically difficult, fiscal problems within the state could help make the idea more acceptable in the near future.

Source: The Houston Chronicle, January 3, 2010

#11     May 6, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I would have had to pay it just last night, oh ye of little knowledge as to what he's talking about.

#12     May 6, 2011
  3. In other words, the "Green" con game to save you money is just another big scam.

Sorta like how taxes will stop the earths weather from changing.

#13     May 6, 2011
  4. A natural gas powered car costs roughly a third of a typical gasoline powered car. With better technology, ie better solar cells, it is possible to recharge an electric car with only the sun. The "green" tech is a money saver.

Taxes will always be there to fund road maintenance unless ya want toll booths all over the place.

#14     May 6, 2011
  5. TRACKING your daily movements........I am sure most of you will all think this is just fine.....you will buy THEIR CON JOB!!! :eek:

#15     May 6, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I probably can't afford it but out of curiosity, what does one of their con jobs go for anyway?

#16     May 6, 2011
  7. jem

jem

that is the most un american thing I have heard of since, forcing people to pay insurance companies for health care.

WE have a constitution you. Liberals once cherished our right to privacy. Now liberals are commie sell outs.

Where are the real liberals?
    Remember...

you use to care about our freedoms...

#17     May 6, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

What's the fairest way to [raise money] for road maintenance?

#18     May 6, 2011
  9. Mercor

Mercor

There's that word fair again.......Of course when it comes to taxes the Liberals always say what's fair is that the rich pay more.

#19     May 6, 2011
  10. You will find out once they BUMP the price of the next car you buy that has onboard GPS tracking for tax purposes (THE CON....we need to tax you by the mile and not at the pump.....Yeah Right!!! :mad: ).

BTW, have you seen the bill in the state of Oregon in alignment with this concept?

#20     May 6, 2011