Obama: When It Comes To Reparations, We Need Deeds Not Words

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Arnie

Arnie

I thought we were already paying reparations. Its called wellfare and affirmative action :D

#11     Jul 30, 2008
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're right, we are!

#12     Jul 30, 2008
  3. section 8 housing, Medicaid, energy subsidies, free education, etc. etc. etc...

Some of these people decided that the govt dole paid more than getting a job, so they stayed home...

Should a recent immigrant from Lithuania have to pay reparations to a recent immigrant from Ghana?

I agree with the person who said, any living ex-slaves should receive full reparations. Every once else, tough noogies...

#13     Jul 30, 2008
  4. House of Representatives takes first step toward reparations:

US lawmakers apologize for slavery

Congress Apologizes For Slavery, Jim Crow

US lawmakers Tuesday offered the federal government's first formal apology for the "fundamental injustice, cruelty, brutality, and inhumanity" of slavery and the legal segregation of African-Americans.
    The resolution, passed in the House of Representatives by voice vote, "apologizes to African-Americans on behalf of the people of the United States, for the wrongs committed against them and their ancestors who suffered under slavery" formal segregation laws known as "Jim Crow."

Lawmakers also said they were committed to rectifying "the lingering consequences" of slavery and segregation.

Congressman Steve Cohen, who introduced the resolution in early 2007, praised the move.

"This is a historic moment in the ongoing struggle for civil rights in this country, and I hope that this legislation can serve to open the dialogue on race and equality for all," he said in a statement.

"Apologies are not empty gestures, but are a necessary first step towards any sort of reconciliation between people," said Cohen, who represents the area of Memphis, Tennessee.

US media reported that Cohen, who is white, is facing a tough primary challenge from an African-American candidate and represents a majority black district.

#14     Jul 30, 2008
  5. A brutha in tha hood doan won no goddamn apology, muthafucka!!

Show me tha Benjamins, nigga!!

#15     Jul 30, 2008
  6. Secret of Obsama's campaign strategy revealed here:

[​IMG]

the Johnsons load their guns and point them at Bart. Bart then points his own pistol at his head]

Bart: Hold it! Next man makes a move, the nigger gets it!
    Olson Johnson: Hold it, men. He's not bluffing.
    Dr. Sam Johnson: Listen to him, men, he's just crazy enough to do it!
    Bart: [lower register] Drop it! Or I swear I'll blow this nigger's head all over this town!
    [higher register]
    Bart: Oh, lo'dy, lo'd, he's despit! Do what he sayyyy, do what he sayyyy...
    [the Johnsons drop their guns. Bart jams the gun into his neck and drags himself through the crowd and towards the station]
    Harriett Van Johnson: Isn't anybody going to help that poor man?
    Dr. Sam Johnson: Hush, Harriet, that's a sure way to get him killed!
    Bart: [higher register] Oooh! He'p me, he'p me! Somebody he'p me! He'p me! He'p me! He'p me!
    [lower register]
    Bart: Shut up!
    [Bart places his hand over his own mouth, drags himself through the door into his office]
    Bart: Ooh, baby, you are so talented! And they are so DUMB!

#16     Jul 30, 2008
  7. LOL! One of the classic scenes (and movies) of all time.

Cleavon Little, RIP.

#17     Jul 31, 2008
  8. maxpi

maxpi

I would like apologies from all the blacks for Jessee Jackson, the riots, the cities burnt down, the nervous breakdowns and beatings that whites took, the criminals subsidized by welfare, then I might start to think about apologies for slavery...... until then... who gives a f%^k about blacks, they got their troubles, I got mine........

Disclaimer: I'm not particularly a racist, I have breakfast with some local black friends pretty often, I just don't think there is a political answer to their problems especially if liberals are involved....

#18     Jul 31, 2008
  9. jem

jem

I would like to compliment AAA on his timely prediction. This is one scary candidate. so damn smart, some damn interesting when speaking with tom brokaw and so damn willing to screw with the way the country works.

If I were AIPAC (the israeli lobby) I would be shitting in may pants once this guy gets elected. he is going to turn on them faster than you can say pali.

#19     Jul 31, 2008
  10. Obama is obviously an empty suit, BUT, when it comes to Affirmative Action appointees, substance is always sacrificed for show.

#20     Jul 31, 2008