Obama Welcomes Muslim Brotherhood That Has Ties To Sadat Assassination And Al-Qaeda

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc8222, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

So exactly how many "few years" has the Obama administration been developing an extensive relationship with... anyone?

#21     Feb 3, 2011
  2. pspr

pspr

Oh, oh, let me guess. I think I know the answer to this one.

Answer=2

#22     Feb 3, 2011
  3. Mubarak Family May Have as Much as $70 Billion Stashed Away, Experts Estimate

Experts say the wealth of the Mubarak family was built largely from military contracts during his days as an air force officer. He eventually diversified his investments through his family when he became president in 1981. The family's net worth ranges from $40 billion to $70 billion, by some estimates.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/egyp...ulated-wealth-days-military/story?id=12821073

#23     Feb 3, 2011
  4. I'm not sure why you're trying so hard, well, OK, actually I know why, but really, the ignorance here is absolutely bottomless and the knee-jerk bias is endless. There are far more rewarding places to hang out on the Internet.
    I can honestly say I've never been more disappointed with a place anywhere on the world wide web than I have been with this place. I didn't actually realize just how bad it was until this Egyptian situation erupted and the threads on the subject started to pop up.
    Even the best posts here fall below anything I find on other places I hang out regularly. I don't know where these people come from, I don't know how they can manage to be so ignorant of even the most trivially basic things about the Middle East considering how deeply involved the US has been in that region for so long, I don't even know how it's possible given the amount of time these people evidently spend surfing the Internet for the crap they post, but their ignorance is, bluntly, inexcusable.
    You're wasting your time.

#24     Feb 3, 2011
  5. pspr

pspr

#25     Feb 3, 2011
  6. Read the interview and it left me unconvinced that there some Islamic 5th column marching through the Whitehouse, all he has done like his predecessor has been to tick the relevant demographic representative boxes.
    The current administration have not handed the MB the keys to power they have told them that if they shape up they will be involved in Egypt's future. The big problem the West has with Egypt's anti government movement is that as yet not yet coalesced into a body we can deal with, the MB however are there already.

#26     Feb 4, 2011
  7. Yet here you are.

#27     Feb 4, 2011
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Trefoil had not one thing to say about the Iranian protestors. But egypt is an important partner so he wants to see them go islamic because he is anti-american. It is that simple.

#28     Feb 4, 2011