Obama: We asked Iran to give us our drone back

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Dec 12, 2011.

1. wildchild

wildchild

Have we gotten any word from the Iranians yet?

#11     Dec 13, 2011
  2. wildchild

wildchild

Thats a great fictional story. It would be the first aircraft in the history of the world to be completely out of control and just glide to the ground and be by and large undamaged.

Also, its a stealth aircraft. There would be no radar signiture. The Iranian's would have never even known it was in their airspace. How did they know to go and look for it?

#12     Dec 13, 2011
  3. The Iranians say go f*ck yourself Obama:

Iran has rejected a U.S. request to return a drone that Tehran says it brought down near the Afghan border earlier this month.

Iranian Defense Minister, Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi, said Tuesday that the aircraft is Iran's property.

Also, state-run media quote Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast as saying the surveillance aircraft is a security violation and the U.S. should apologize for the incident.

http://www.voanews.com/english/news...S-Calls-to-Return-Downed-Drone-135505893.html

Also, they say they brought it down by hacking it. If true, that would be a huge vulnerability:

Iran says the drone was brought down by a cyber-attack just inside its eastern border. Officials say military experts are in the final stages of extracting data from the aircraft.

#13     Dec 13, 2011
  4. A really good self-destruct would not go off until their top scientists were examining it.

#14     Dec 13, 2011
  5. Somebody better cue the mission impossible theme because they've almost extracted the data.

[​IMG]

#15     Dec 13, 2011
  6. Obama Begs Iran to Give Him Back His Toy Plane

TEHRAN (FNA)- US President Obama is hoping that the Iranian government is in a Christmas mood because he has asked Tehran to send him his Christmas present back.

We are still wondering how he shamelessly asked Tehran to give the US back the stealth drone which had violated the Iranian airspace for espionage....

Continued at: http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9007277141

#16     Dec 13, 2011
  7. pspr

pspr

With this odd personal appeal I'm wondering if this might be Obama's personal drone. Could it be that he has controls in the White House and flies it around Iran for fun? I guess if he was crying when he asked for it back would be telling. :D

#17     Dec 13, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

You think Odumbo got tired of Air Force One? His other personal toy.

#18     Dec 13, 2011
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Obama: We asked Iran to give us our drone back

A very naive thing to do, by Obama.

Knowing full well that we are going to have to eliminate Iran in the future, here's what he should have done:
    Obama should have told Iran to return our drone within one hour or we will start leveling cities in Iran each hour until the drone is delivered.
    Delivery of the drone within one hour, of course, would have been impossible.
    So, I suspect that within 5 to 7 hours Obama could have come on television and stated: "Mission accomplished."
    Two important accomplishments would have occurred:
    1. No more Iran, (as we know it).
    2. We get our drone back, (even though it should have never been there in the first place...but that's another story.)

The only downside is that it would boost Obama's chances for getting elected in 2012.

#19     Dec 13, 2011
  10. pspr

pspr

I'm sure the pilots told him that he can't actually fly Air Force One. With his own personal drone he could buzz people, shoot down other drones and fly around anywhere he wanted. Sounds like a lot of fun to me. :D

#20     Dec 13, 2011