Obama Warns of US Market Crash on Monday

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by bearice, Jul 24, 2011.

1. I believe this is all a bit drastic. The stockmarket will definitely lose points if the US defaults but nothing so drastic. After the US gets over this rough patch there will be prosperity. If you're worried about your assets then just be careful in the next 10 years or so when investing.

#41     Jul 26, 2011
  2. I hope Obama has a press conference today and says the same thing this week.

Clairvoyant fee $5.

:D

#42     Jul 29, 2011
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Since '92 I've bought physical silver as a very small percentage of my budget. Over the years I've wondered if that was really a good idea as I must store it, haul it with me when I move etc but it has begun to look like sort of a hedge against currency devaluation and inflation.

Foreign securities have looked good from my standpoint for quite awhile too. Holding cash seems to be a definite loser.

People holding Austrialian or Swiss currencies are pretty happy right now too.

#43     Jul 29, 2011
  4. With every passing day, much less chance an agreement will be reached. If anything, I say just move to China from the USA next week if no agreement :)

#44     Jul 29, 2011