Obama Warning!!! Warning!!! Warning!!! Fear Card!!! Fear Card!!! Fear Card!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, May 19, 2008.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I have had the solution to Iran for a long time: space based laser!! draw an imaginary circle around Tehran, the center is at Aminedjab's house, nobody can get in or out of the circle without getting fried. When they say something you like, widen the circle, when they say something you don't like, narrow the circle...... never tell them where the circle is, only way they find out is when the laser shoots a car, cat, dog, wandering person........ and randomly laser their nuke sites...... Keep it up for about 500 years just so you have something to laugh about......

#41     May 19, 2008
  2. Yannis

Yannis

That's very interesting, I'll check it out, thanks for reminding me. See, I never thought the media were THAT smart :)

#42     May 20, 2008
  3. Yannis

Yannis

And, Speaking Of The Media

McCain Courts Leftwing Bloggers

By: Newsmax Staff

"Republican John McCain’s campaign has begun holding regular conference calls with leftwing bloggers and blogs that focus on single issues such as healthcare and the environment.

On May 15, McCain held a conference call with bloggers including Greg Sargent of TPM Election Central, Kate Sheppard — a political reporter for the environmental Web site Grist.org — and Erin Kotecki, who blogs at BlogHer.com and The Huffington Post, according to Wired.com.

An earlier call included Med Gadget and other blogs devoted to healthcare issues.

These calls are in addition to the weekly calls McCain holds with conservative bloggers to keep them informed about his positions.

Patrick Hynes, one of McCain’s online communications consultants, told Wired that McCain is seeking to foster a relationship with people who are likely to criticize his positions because McCain “loves the rough and tumble of politics.”

And Tracy Russo, who was John Edwards’ blog outreach coordinator, called McCain’s new strategy to court leftwing bloggers “good thinking on the part of McCain’s campaign.” "

#43     May 20, 2008
  4. Yannis

Yannis

IMAO: So Are We Going to Be Tried Before the Hague If We Don't Vote for Obama?

"Apparently the U.N. is investigating racism in America. Due to the lack of problems in the rest of the world, I guess the only thing left to do was investigate racism in the least racist country in the world. I mean, is there any country in the world more integrated than the U.S.? Is there any even close?

They're sending Doudou Diene to do the investigation. That seems a bit like entrapment, since you could just be calling the guy by his actual name and it will sound like you're using a racial slur. I already know how this is going to end, anyway: The conclusion will be that America is horribly racist and the blame will fall on Israel. A number of despots are going to pause from torturing their citizens to express outrage and demand a U.N. resolution calling for the destruction of Israel. The resolution will pass with only Israel, the U.S., and Micronesia voting against it. Nothing will happen. Total cost to us: One billion dollars.

It might seem like a big waste, but wouldn't it be a worse world if murderous dictators devoted their time to things more productive than the U.N.?"

:) :) :)

#44     May 20, 2008
  5. maxpi

maxpi

That is really funny.

Actually America is quite racist, Blacks in the US are incredibly race oriented and their leadership seems to tend towards paranoia as well. We need to work on that.. oh wait, if we fix that problem the Democratic party will be like the Viet Cong after the Tet offensive, they will cease to exist as an organization and never be able to rebuild........ it might be a little hard to get them on board.....

McCain might be taking pages from Gov. Schwarzenegger who is sort of conservative but has a far-far-loonie-left legislature to deal with. He went with the Global Warming thingie to find some common ground, it's possible he doesn't believe it really, he is an actor, not a scientist or engineer, and perhaps doesn't have the wherewithall to sort out fact from fantasy but he gets cooperation somehow. Sort of like Bush, the Democrats scream and throw tantrums and complain and then they give him what he asks for, go figure........

#45     May 20, 2008
  6. Yannis

Yannis

Good points all. Racism is a powerful force and the Democrats want to control it. Where would Al Sharpton, Jesse Jacson et al be without racism? Probably unemployed, but definitely less wealthy. Why have the likes of Colin Powell, Condi Rice and Clarence Thomas been (more or less) ostracized from the (Democrat dominated) black community? Same thing.

On the other hand, the whole country is gradually tilting left and demands more and more help from the Government for this and that and the other thing. In response, the Republicans are reconfiguring their message and strategy to capture the big bulk of voters in the middle that are currently calling themselves Independents... like me. Arnold does this very well, and McCain is very adept at that also, as he's been a true centrist all along.

Obama ran a leftist campaign for the primaries and will now come to the middle to claim his part of the popular vote. We'll see.

#46     May 20, 2008
  7. Yannis

Yannis

Koch: I May Back McCain

By: Phil Brennan

"Former New York City Mayor Edward Koch, one of the country’s most prominent Democrats, says he may cross over and back Republican Sen. John McCain for president.

In an exclusive Newsmax interview, Koch says McCain “has no equal” when it comes to opposing Islamic terrorism. Though Koch says he disagrees with most of McCain’s positions on domestic issues, he could support him because of his strong national security credentials.

Koch carries significant weight with many Jewish Democrats in New York and across the country. He also has a history of playing the maverick and crossing party lines.

He has backed several New York Republicans, including Rudy Giuliani and Michael Bloomberg for New York City mayor, Al D'Amato for the U.S. Senate, and George Pataki for New York governor. In 2004 he endorsed his first Republican for president, George W. Bush. Koch actively campaigned in several states, including Florida and Ohio.

Bush won both states.

Koch, a regular Newsmax pundit, also says in his interview that he still endorses Sen. Hillary Clinton for the White House and believes she should stay in the race. He says he is bothered by Sen. Barack Obama’s relationships with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright and terrorist bomber William Ayers, and agrees with McCain that a pre-emptive strike against Iran may be necessary.

Newsmax: You've been an ardent supporter of Hillary Clinton. Do you think that the time has come for her to drop out of the race?

Koch: No, definitely not. I think that she has done a splendid job so far and that the people who want to drive her out of the primaries are anti-democratic. Why shouldn't the people in every state have an opportunity to cast their vote? I think she's very brave, and while the chances of her ultimately succeeding are limited, nevertheless she can succeed. Her audience is now the superdelegates.

Newsmax: In the event that she is not able to win the nomination, should she join the Obama ticket?

Koch: If that can be arranged, sure. I think she would be a fine addition, but I hope that she prevails as the presidential candidate. That seems not to be in the cards, but you never know when it comes to politics.

The Wright Controversy

Newsmax: Do you think Barack Obama has gone far enough in distancing himself from the Rev. Wright?

Koch: No one believes that he agrees with the positions of Rev. Wright. The problem is that he sat there for 20 years like a potted plant, and that is a distressing matter that has to be considered when and if he becomes the Democratic candidate.

Newsmax: Are you bothered by his links to Louis Farrakhan and William Ayers?

Koch: Obama has no links to Farrakhan. I am bothered by his not speaking out [about Rev. Wright] for 20 years.

Newsmax: What about his links to Ayers?

Koch: It bothers me that he still has good words for a non-repentant terrorist who says they didn't bomb enough.

Newsmax: How do you feel about John McCain?

Koch: I know him personally. I like him very much as a human being. I don't agree with most of his domestic policy positions, however.

Newsmax: Who would be the better candidate against McCain — Hillary or Obama?

Koch: There's no question that Hillary would be a tougher candidate for him. I think that the odds are that she would beat him, primarily because the Republicans are saddled with a record of non-achievement over the last eight years, and a president who I personally like but who is perceived by, I think it's now close to 80 percent of the public, as a failure. I don't think he's a failure on the issue of Islamic terrorism — I think he has stood up like a giant. But on all domestic issues he has a record of failure.
    Newsmax: What about his position on taxes, which is shared by McCain?

Koch: I'm opposed to tax cuts for the wealthy, and I'm one of the wealthy. Tax cuts should be for the middle class and the wealthy should pay more.

Newsmax: Overall, what's your opinion of McCain and his chances of winning this election?

Koch: I would say that he's a very decent man. On the issue of standing up to Islamic terrorism, which is the No. 1 issue I think for the country for the next 50 years, he has no equal. With respect to domestic issues he is regrettably doing what President Bush has done on a whole host of important social issues, and basically their approach is a failure — on health insurance, on the environment, although McCain is seeking now to change the position of the administration on that issue, to his credit.

NATO Ultimatum on Iraq

Newsmax: Do you agree with McCain’s stand on staying in Iraq?

Koch: My position is somewhat nuanced. I believe we were right to go in. I believe that if our allies, Arab and NATO, were willing to support us with troops and treasure to pay the cost, we should stay. But because they are not willing to provide troops in Iraq at all, and not to the full measure in Afghanistan, and not willing to defray the cost of the war, I believe that we can’t do it on our own and we should get out.

My own belief is -- and I've said it now for two years -- that if the president issued an ultimatum to NATO and to the Sunni countries in the Gulf, to Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Kuwait, etc., and said we're getting out unless you come in, I believe they would come in because they're terrified of our getting out.

I also believe that what was proposed by Hillary, and one of the reasons why I believe Obama is wrong in attacking her on it, is that we should be offering to the Sunni Arab allies and to Israel a NATO-like treaty arrangement that they could join.

We could put down conditions as they do in the European Union on what they would have to do to be eligible and if they became members of such a NATO-like organization, then we would issue a statement that a nuclear attack on them would be comparable to a nuclear attack on us, and we would destroy the country that engaged in such an attack.

Newsmax: How do you feel about a pre-emptive strike against Iran?

Koch: I agree with John McCain’s statement that “If someone is about to launch a weapon that would devastate America, or have the capability to do so, obviously, you would have to act immediately in defense of this nation's national security interests."

Newsmax: You supported Bush in the last election. I assume you'll be supporting the Democrat no matter who it is this year.

Koch: No. I may, but that is not a certainty. When I'm asked about my allegiance, my allegiance is to the United States. At this moment in the Democratic primary I believe the best candidate for the United States is Hillary. When and if that option is removed, and I have to decide between McCain and Obama because they have become the federal candidates, I'll make that decision at that time and not before.

The Oil Crisis

Newsmax: If you were president of the United States, how would you handle the current gas crisis?

Koch: That's not hard. To me it's amazing that none of the candidates has supported a [program like the] Manhattan Project, which created the nuclear bomb in World War II and cost in those days $2 billion — which in true dollars today would be $21 billion.

I would create such an agency with new powers to come up with alternative fuels and to regulate gas prices and to have the authority, which is key, to bring an anti-cartel suit against the OPEC countries and the American distributors.

If you bring a lawsuit you'll ease the situation, but the courts have said that United States policy forbids such a lawsuit and unless the authority is given to such an agency, you can't bring the lawsuit. But I believe that if a lawsuit were brought — an antitrust action — you would see the price of gasoline fall immediately.

No candidate, Republican or Democrat, has publicly supported such a position. They're wrong. They should."

#47     May 20, 2008
  8. maxpi

maxpi

McCain has an advantage in that the Republicans got the primary over with quickly and he can switch to his centrist campaigning way before Obama can lean a little to the right. Currently McCain is way ahead of Obama but it is narrowing and who knows where it will go......... still, I think that a neo-marxist race-resenting and sexist Obama is going to look like a big headed high school football player before this thing is over.....

#48     May 20, 2008
  9. Yannis

Yannis

Laura Ingraham: Lie Of The Day

"Barack Obama: "I'm not running because of some long-held ambition or because it's something owed to me. I'm running because of what Dr. King called 'the fierce urgency of now.'""

:) :) :)

#49     May 20, 2008
  10. Yannis

Yannis

From http://777denny.wordpress.com/

There is a movement growing stronger by the day that is full of Democrats, Republicans and Independents that are vowing not to vote for Senator Barack Obama for president in November.

It would not be strange to have Republicans or even Independents vowing not to vote for a likely Democratic nominee. But, it would be strange to have Democrats involved in such a movement. And it would be even stranger if Democrats were leading the charge and in the forefront of a movement like this.

Lurking below the radar of the Obama-loving media outlets are thousands (maybe even millions) of rabid, anti-Obama registered - and leaning - Democrats who are vowing to not vote for Obama if he becomes the Democratic nominee. These Democrats are as angry as Africanized bees and will strike any Obama supporter (they call them Obamabots) that they feel is treating them or their candidate disrespectfully with such fierce ferocity, that one would think that they have put away their long knives and replaced them with cluster bombs.

These Democrats are Hillary Clinton supporters who feel as though Obama, his supporters, and the media have been supremely unkind to them and their beloved candidate. They feel as though the DNC has been favoring Obama throughout the election process, and that their candidate is being pushed out of the race unfairly by them and some super delegates. They charge that the media and some Obama supporters have used “disgusting” misogynistic terms and references against Hillary and her supporters - and by extension, ALL women everywhere.

These Democrats have started to organize themselves and are now in the process of trying to galvanize support for their efforts to defeat Obama this fall. Many of these Democrats are vowing to vote for John McCain to ensure that Obama does not win the election.

The following are some articles found at various Democrat outlets across the Internet:

‘Later! Not coming back this fall!’ found at Liberal Rapture:
    “The wide assumption in the DNC and Obama cabal of elites and scoundrels is that those of us who refuse to vote for Obama under any circumstances (and we are legion) will come to our senses by November and vote for the chosen one. Since they have no principles beyond money and faddishness they cannot see that our refusal to vote for this woefully unqualified man is fundamentally based in core principles - not anger, disappointment or passing frustration.

“The assumption that we will vote for BHO in the end is false and stupid. Here’s why: The most consistent Democratic voters in general elections are African Americans and white “arugula” liberals. AA’s vote Democratic at a rate over 87% in general elections routinely. A few rich ‘arugula’ or ‘latte’ Democrats bark about Nader or the equivalent every four years - but they invariably wander back to Kerry or Dukakis, etc. The template for disaffected Democrats “always coming back” being put forth by pundits now it based on the history of ‘latte’ Democrats. Not ‘lunch bucket’ Democrats. This year the disaffected Democrats are lunch bucket dems, not the lattes.”

‘Operation Turndown Continues…’ found at THE CONFLUENCE:
    “‘Operation Turndown’ has no headquarters or mailing address. We offer no coffee mugs, bumper stickers or T-shirts for sale. You cannot contribute cash or deduct your investment in tomorrow from you federal income tax. But ‘Operation Turndown’ is no mirage.

“The voice of a movement that got underway last week on WILK News Radio belongs to all Democrats who refuseto do as we’re told and vote for Barack Obama if he receives the party nomination for president. If Obama’s the chosen one, we’re turning him down. Count us out.”

‘Why I will not vote for Obama even if he’s the nominee-and why you shouldn’t either’ found at Reclusive Leftist:
    “The Obamabots are under the delusion that if Obama wins the nomination (which he hasn’t yet, by the way), all of us in the Hillary camp will forget about the misogyny and come over to their side. Make nice for the sake of party unity. Forgive all the abuse. Nope.

“Several of us have tried over the past couple of months to explain why that won’t happen, but the Obamabots don’t seem to understand. And I know why: it’s because they don’t take sexism seriously. When women say we will not reward misogyny, we’re laughed off. The Obamabots just tell more jokes and hurl more insults and write more crass articles about how the little lay-dees have their little pan-tees in a twist…Go on, Democrats, try to get elected without me — me or any of my friends. See how far you get. Go on with your bad self. And when you figure out that you need my vote, give me a call.”

‘F[**]k Unity’found at The Apostte:
    “I’ve disapproved in the past of those who voted for Nader rather than a sensible Democratic candidate, even if he was centrist. Until recently, I’ve wholeheartedly agreed that all Obama supporters need to vote for Hillary and vice versa, depending on whoever is the Democratic candidate. We need to beat McCain and that’s paramount.

“My very intelligent husband has disagreed with me and said that unless we call the Democratic party to account for selling us out time and time again, if we go on electing them no matter how many fundamental values they compromise, they won’t work for us and they don’t deserve our vote. I finally agree.”

‘Obama is Bush Redux’ found at NO QUARTER:
    “The Obama supporters’ biggest insult, in these pages and others, is that Hillary supporters are Republicans, as if recoiling from disenfranchisement, racial politics, and blatant sexism makes one a Republican. We believe, in fact, that it is the Obama supporters who most closely resemble the far Right in their viciousness towards Hillary, and their use of race, sexist stereotypes, and disenfranchisement as electoral tools.

“I take the bait: perhaps we should be listening to former Republicans, people like Breitweiser. We should do this for no other reason than to understand the thinking of independent voters and fellow Americans. Obama supporters are delusionalif they think that their race-baiting, misogyny, and jerryrigging the nomination will go unnoticed or unpunished…Obama partisans should listen closely. There are rumblings of mass defections by women, working-class whites, and independent voters. The neo-liberals can call us names, but they must understand that for many of us an Obamanomination would be as illegitimate as Bush ‘winning’ Florida in 2000, and we will not condone the smearing of perhaps the most racially progressive couple our party has produced by voting for a candidate whose tactics go against everything we believe in.”

‘Obama: Don’t Drive. Don’t Eat. Freeze Your Butt Off’ found at You Can Call Me Uppity:
    “Talk about an omen of what is to come if this guy, by some freak oddity, became President. I’m just wondering which “other countries” he wants the approval of. I mean, we are talking about the Presidency of the United States here. I wasn’t aware that our food, cars or warmth was subject to another country’s ‘approval’. But that’s just me.

“Seeing Obama’s latest remark about his country kind of got me thinking what we would have to do if he were to become President, perish the thought. To be honest with you, hearing Barack Obama make those remarks reminded me of the Jimmy Carter days….But at least Jimmy waited till he was actually Presidentto chastise and depress people. Of course, he also got his a$$ handed to him on a plate when he ran for his second term. Obama Prosperity: It’s just around the corner. His. Not yours.”

‘The Brains behind “Barama”‘ found at Spirited Politics:
    “Anyway, all this got me to wondering, who is Michelle Obama, really? What does she really think? How much influence does she bear in this monumentally funded, mulit-level campaign? Ask and you receive. The answers to these questions came fast and furious and they need to be seen, by the public at large.

“Turns out that Michelle Obama, in her Princeton thesis, carefully propounded an Afro-American need to choose between, what she called, being an integrationist or a separationist. This document, in her own words, made very clear what her passionate preference would be. And the fuller text of her thesis totally resolves any doubt about the alignment of her own black vs. white philosophy with that of Trinity Church. In fact, her viewpoint on the need for ’separationists’ so adamantly focused on racial distinctions, she pressed for Princeton’s black elite to take a stand for race over all other factors. Less than 15% of the college’s AA students bothered to even complete her questionnaire. Seems even those elitists were, maybe, uncomfortable about the undertone of resentment and anger she transmitted, even back then.”

#50     May 20, 2008