Obama wants to raise cap gains 75%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by seasideheights, Mar 27, 2008.

1. very well said,

seems I have heard that before,

it was before and during the 1929 speculative adjustments (since its no longer acceptable to call it a crash)

seriously, those in favor of letting the markets correct, as if the markets were not greed driven, were also those justifying the Bolshevik revolution, or was it the other way...

either way, these issues have been studied time and time again in B School, and given a passing glance for fear that they would somehow repeat, and the safeguards in place would not be sufficient...

oh, that was called Glass Steigel Act (hope I spelled that one right)

oh, that was also called instituting Federal Regulation T margin trading curbs and requirements...

oh yeah, just stick around, perhaps the patient won't die before the host virus finishes killing the economy....

no, responsible persons in official capacity can not simply just step aside and let thing progress, they are the correction mechanism.....

#11     Mar 27, 2008
  2. The democrats have told me numerous times that only the rich own stock, so I think it's fair to tax gains at a higher rate.

Anyone that is rich enough to own 1 share of stock should be punished for they are making an attempt to not just rely on Social Insecurity to retire on.

#12     Mar 27, 2008

3. I take a more simplistic view towards taxes....

I want to pay as much as I can imagine...

because that means I am raking it in hand over fist, and have earned the right to pay back to the country that allowed me to become so well compensated...

just a wierd way of thinking about the matter, or more correctly, not thinking about the matter.....

#13     Mar 27, 2008
  4. Well, for once mate, I agree with you.

Imagine the carnage in CEF's at the end of the year as wave after wave of liquidation depresses prices lower to record discounts. Sounds spectacular! Might even start early!

Too bad that munis have such lousy balance sheets otherwise that would be the world's biggest slam-dunk.

#14     Mar 27, 2008
    #15     Mar 27, 2008
  6. Barack Obama is a piece of shit. Hillary Clinton is a piece of shit.

#16     Mar 27, 2008
  7. lol. true, true

#17     Mar 27, 2008
  8. Hilliary, Obama, and the current bill proposed by Rangel will make capital gains subject to the same rates as ordinary income not 75%. There is nothing wrong with this. A special, low capital gains tax rate is one of the most absurd and unfair components of the Bush tax cuts (and the current tax system).

It is ridiculous to tax a man makng 100K painting houses (or whatever) at 28% while letting speculators pay a 15% rate. This includes futures trading which automatically is taxed at 60% capital gains and 40% ordinary rates.

Income is income is income and all income should be taxed the same.

#18     Mar 27, 2008
  9. and you sir,

you're no Jack Kennedy.....:D

just curious, what you would call the present administration?, and their cast of characters.... from scooter to scooted...

#19     Mar 27, 2008
  10. bdon

bdon

Criminals who violate the constitution More than Bill violated Monica.

#20     Mar 27, 2008