Obama wants to drop taces on 95% of Americans including capital gains for small biz

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jonbig04, Aug 28, 2008.

1. He sure is. Cut, cut, cut. I'm sure there are tens of billions being squandered on things we dont even know about.

#61     Aug 31, 2008
  2. lindq

lindq

Well, this may the best reason I've heard to start an LLC and trade through it.

#62     Aug 31, 2008
  3. TGregg

TGregg

A Brief History of Obama.

<embed FlashVars="videoId=183509" src='http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' bgcolor='#cccccc' width='332' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed>

#63     Aug 31, 2008
  4. I was thinking the same thing. If small biz is going to get a break, structure the trading as a small biz.

Just reinforces my point how difficult it will be to tax people over 250k, but not small biz. Everyone will be a small biz.

#64     Aug 31, 2008
  5. (This might have been covered here. Sorry if it was.)

Obama had the chance to speak up for all Americans
    that drive. The rich and the poor. He could have supported
    the temporary elimination of the gas tax a few months ago.
    This would have helped the poor significantly. Certainly more
    than the rich.

One estimate I just read said that it would have put
    $10,000,000,000 back into our pockets. It would have
    been a good time for it too, considering the economy.

He's just another politician that will say whatever he thinks
    will get him more power.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We're arguing over a gimmick that would save you half a tank of gas over the course of the entire summer so that everyone in Washington can pat themselves on the back and say they did something,” said Obama.

“Well, let me tell you, this isn't an idea designed to get you through the summer, it's designed to get them through an election,” said Obama. He said his call for middle-class tax cuts would be far more beneficial than suspending gas tax collections.

Obama took a different view on the issue when he was an Illinois legislator, voting at least three times in favor of temporarily lifting the state's 5 percent sales tax on gasoline.

The tax holiday was finally approved during a special session in June of 2000, when Illinois motorists were furious that gas prices had just topped $2 a gallon in Chicago.

During one debate, he joked that he wanted signs on gas pumps in his district to say, “Senator Obama reduced your gasoline prices.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/29/politics/main4056059.shtml?source=RSSattr=Politics_4056059

#65     Sep 1, 2008
  6. "He's just another politician that will say whatever he thinks will get him more power."

Of course. The very first qualification of any GOOD or DECENT politician is for them to be able to get elected. What good is the greatest person on earth if they cant first be elected? No good at all. Being able to be elected should be the first qualification on your list of what makes a politician great.

#66     Sep 1, 2008
  7. Are you kidding?

#67     Sep 1, 2008

8. No. What good is a politician if he cant get elected?

The best man on earth with the greatest ideas and ambitions cant do anything unless he's elected.

#68     Sep 1, 2008
  9. Or the worst:

Having failed in overthrowing the Republic by a coup, Hitler pursued a "strategy of legality": this meant formally adhering to the rules of the Weimar Republic until he had legally gained power. He would then use the institutions of the Weimar Republic to destroy it and establish himself as dictator.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler#Entry_into_politics

#69     Sep 1, 2008

10. Haha that's true too.

#70     Sep 1, 2008