Obama wants the ability to shut down the internet at will

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NKNY, Apr 7, 2009.

1. gnome

gnome

The NObamabot fanatics want to believe he's in office to "do good and to right every wrong"... and that all of "big brother control" fears are completely ridiculous. The anti-NObamans can envision [and fear] the growing power and dominance of the government such that our freedoms and property are confiscated.

One group is wrong, and we don't know for sure which group it is yet.

#21     Apr 7, 2009
  2. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Be patient my friend, patience. Its honeymoon time right now. IN 4-6 months he owns this mess.

Peoples patience and forgiveness will go away if they think he hasnt fixed the problems soon. He'll get backlash soon enough, people love bringing down somebody that is sitting up high.

Mark my words( post) , by August of this year, the media will be attacking and the public will start turning against him. I have already seen a couple articles, asking if Obama is over his head, and it wasnt on FOX.

EF

#22     Apr 7, 2009
  3. The second you feel scared of your government it's time to kick them out of office and reshuffle the political system a bit. Obama is well past that point, a great liar.

#23     Apr 7, 2009
  4. Uh, no they weren't.

Tin-foil hat theories are like Area-51 type stuff, or how the Government is going to take all the gold out of people's houses. Or how Bush was really from Mars. Or the Moon Landing was faked.

Or the Internet will be seized by Obama.

#24     Apr 7, 2009
  5. gkishot

gkishot

Once unthinkable now unstoppable.

#25     Apr 7, 2009
  6. Mvic

Mvic

It was bad enough when we had all the ditto heads on the right who were incapable of critical thinking, now we have them on the left too.

To the OP, yes you are paranoid but maybe with a grain of cause.

The state sovereignty issue may actually be the only way to reign in a federal government that is out of control with its unfunded mandates under both parties (maybe because both parties are essentially controlled by the same lobbyists).

How can you tell if someone is serious about change? One of the 1st items on their political agenda is campaign finance reform especially for congress. No private money beyond small donors, no PACs, no more political 501c's, no more soft money to party's, high and ridged ethics rules with penalties like losing your federal retirement and benefits if you break them for people in congress, no more campaign contributions diverted from one senator to another, all war chests reset to 0 with the funds confiscated to pay for public financing, limits on how much money can be spent on each race and private donations can only be accepted prior to nomination or being the party's official candidate for that office, after that point should all be public financing so we can have an apples to apples race (FWIW Obama spent $7.39 per vote vs. McCain's $5.78 per vote and when you take out the majority of the black vote that wasn't going to McCain even if Obama spent $0 the disparity is even more striking) , $2M for congress, $10M for senate, $100M for Executive, etc. Spending almost $1B on a presidential campaign is a national disgrace, as are the numbers in some of the Senate races. Under such a system our reps wouldn’t be so beholden and wouldn’t need to start campaigning for the next tern as soon as they are elected and could actually read some of those bills the lobbyists write for them. What’s more, we would have a much large pool of ideas to choose from as the barrier to entry by a 3rd or 4th party would be substantially lower.

Democrats should be especially mindful of this issue because most of their money comes from unions and they are on the decline. This past election they got lucky with a confluence of national dissatisfaction and a very charismatic candidate which allowed for a historic grass roots fundraising effort. It was a once in 100year event and unlikely to occur again for a long time which means that if the rules are not changed the GOP will have a huge corporate donor base to draw on and the Dems will have a dwindling Labor base and the populous will just go back to being titillated by the Paris Hilton’s of the world (unless you think Kerry for example would have been able to raise the same as Obama if he had been the candidate during the last election cycle).

To Ivanovich, Wall St News or Politics and Religion :) Edit: Good call!

#26     Apr 7, 2009
  7. NKNY

NKNY

Call me wat you want, I prefer independent thinker.

You too can become one.

First step... stop listening to the main stream media.

2... start finding alternative media while u still can...

example...

http://matrixnewsnetwork.com/index.php

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/

there are more...

3. dont believe anything the say until you confirm.

4. follow the legislative bills and confirm , bills like

cyber security act of 2009 that will give obama the right to shut down your internet.

look up internet 2 that will soon be installed that models the cable company. they control what u see.

Rosa delauro bills hr 875 and 778 that will outlaw organic farming... EVEN IN YOUR BACK YARD.

look up codex and what they will be doing soon.

Look up why now nearly 31 states have introduces legislation claiming sovereignty and more IMPORTANTLY...WHY ?

Also, why isnt the news all over these big story's. Shouldn't a state threatening to reaffirm state 'sovereignty' be front page news.

http://defendourfreedoms.us/2009/02/27/31-states-claiming--planning-sovereignty.aspx

look at public law 109-364 that canceled possee comitatus

look up the smart grid

lok up why they are claiming ron paul, his supporters and anyone who talks about the constitution are terrorists...

And in reality, why is obama fighting requests to show his birth certificate. Why would a man pay money to lawyers to defend over 20 low suits brought against him, some from top military officials instead of simply producing it.

I know, we are all conditioned to dismiss it all as conspiracy nonsense, laugh at it and laugh at the people that make such claims. TO be sheep to the media. Instead, be of an open mind and realize that greed makes anything passable.

If there is one thing people do, please, stop listening to the media, look for alternative media is isn't oned by corporate interests.

You know, when I was younger, my father (God rest his soul) used to tell me our media was censored and I would adamantly fight and disagree with him. I would explain to him that here we have freedom of the press, and freedom of speech and that things like that could never happen here. Well guess what, pops was right and I was wrong, as usual...

I could go on... please people start thinking for yourselves and start connecting the dots. Stop listening to people on the media who laugh it off as conspiracy and conspiracy nutz. Just look at the bills they are trying to pass.... Look at the fema camps which BTW have been now confirmed... For god sakes we know all about trends, follow the trend, the trend is your friend, well not in this case.

#27     Apr 7, 2009
  8. NKNY

NKNY

#28     Apr 7, 2009
  9. #29     Apr 7, 2009
  10. Every tyrannical state whether it was the Romans in 44 BC, England during the powerful monarchies or Germany before WWII began the exact same way. They began with the massive increase in power among government.

To live without caution and skepticism for ones government especially during times like these with government literally seizing power is completely ignorant.

It takes but one hour for a mildly educated person to study past dictatorships and compare and contrast the beginning stages of those dictatorships with the stages our country is currently in.

Why don't you go do that before you start speaking in the favor of increased government power.

#30     Apr 7, 2009