Obama wants 4 trillion dollar deficit reduction deal,republicans want 2

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

LOL

#31     Jul 10, 2011
  2. 1.I dont love Ron for doing it

2.There are compromises I am willing to make in exchange for Pauls slashing defense spending and staying out of wars,ending homeland security,TSA,patriot act etc

3.He said he would end SS and medicare if he could get the people and congress to agree(which he wont so I'm not concerned about it)

http://ezkool.com/2011/04/ron-paul-will-end-medicare-medicaid-and-social-security/

Mr. Paul appeared on MSNBC and was interiviewed by Host Cenk Uygur. Mr. Uygur asked Mr. Paul whether or not he will “transition” out of Medicare and Social Security if he became president, to which Paul answered;

“Well, you know, if I can get the people to agree and Congress to agree, yea, that will be my program. It’s to transit out, because this one has failed.”

#32     Jul 10, 2011
  3. rew

rew

All the numbers are meaningless, as they are stretched out over 10 years. We've seen this before, many times. The big reductions are always back loaded onto the later years, and will be completely forgotten about when those years come up. Also, most of the "cuts" are actually reductions in planned increases in spending.

The only politician with a serious proposal to cut spending is Rand Paul, whose bill would cut $500 billion <i>this year</i>. He would get rid of entire departments, reduce military spending, and slash foreign aid spending. I don't think he got any cosponsors, because nobody else is really willing to do what is needed to cut the deficit significantly.

#33     Jul 10, 2011
  4. SSN and Medicare are not bankrupt, have nothing to do with the debt problem and are funded with their own respective taxes on payroll. Had the government not been looting SSN funds for the past several decades we could be talking about RAISING benefits and LOWERING retirement age instead of cutting benefits and raising the age. However, that argument has no place in the current debt crisis as it's a completely separate issue.
    BTW, I hope your son comes home alive and well, and we end this silly "war" that never had a chance of success.

#34     Jul 10, 2011
  5. shpxjvg

shpxjvg

#35     Jul 10, 2011
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Anybody, Republican, Democrat, or Independent who thinks we need to give more money to the thugs in D.C. is a dope.

#36     Jul 10, 2011
  7. Right, which is why Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security and interest payments will consume all government revenue by 2025 if we stay on the same trajectory.

#37     Jul 10, 2011
  8. Sheesh, you posted something I agree with. I better go check my meds.

#38     Jul 10, 2011
  9. I hereby nominate this for Post Of The Year.

Reagan fell for this scam, as did Bush 41. Taxes get raised all right but the promised cuts never appear. Then the increased revenues are used to fund increased spending.

The democrats were planning an even more despicable ploy this time. They would get republicans to go along with cuts in SS and medicare, then attack them during the election for throwing seniors under the bus to fund tax cuts for the rich. Pelosi and Obama have already tipped their hand on that. Republicans would be foolish to play that game. Obama created this problem. Let him deal with it.

#39     Jul 10, 2011
  10. Social Security and Medicare could be and should be completely independent and are in theory. The General Fund scam allows these two programs to be embezzled by congress who then uses the money for their pet projects and any other bullshit they can think of. Had they not been looting this money these two programs would have TRILLIONS of dollars in them right now. Instead they are filled with worthless IOU's. Run this same scam in the private sector and you'd go to prison, which is exactly where all 535 members of this terrorist government belongs.

#40     Jul 10, 2011