Obama wants 4 trillion dollar deficit reduction deal,republicans want 2

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

That's just about the perfect sentence to describe the republican party, too. "The Republican Party cannot survive without the 1%'rs rentier support. That skews what they do so incredibly much that they can't be rational about spending and taxation."

#21     Jul 10, 2011
  2. I agree the democratic party needs 90 % of the black vote to survive and they are socially conservative.I support same sex marriage because I think its discrimination but every one of my black friends and associates are against it

You are mistaken about blacks not being able to work in the private sector,most blacks work in the private sector

#22     Jul 10, 2011
  3. The republicans can't survive period with just the 1%'rs votes.

#23     Jul 10, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

That's why I said "support".

#24     Jul 10, 2011
  5. What a disingenuous thread title.

#25     Jul 10, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

No, just a spending problem.

The only time you have a revenue problem is when you have no revenue. Any other time you simply live within your means or IOW don't spend more than your revenue.

Congress/BO could balance the budget tomorrow, if they wanted to/had the back bone/political fortitude to do so.

#26     Jul 10, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Correct and all the more argument to vote out all career <s>politicians</s> criminals REGARDLESS of party and or invoke congressional term limits. The POTUS is limited to two terms why not congressmen?

#27     Jul 10, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Just more of his fanatical BS hooray for dems poo poo on repubs.

#28     Jul 10, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not in downtown Atlanta, go to the courthouse and it's 90% + blacks.

#29     Jul 10, 2011
  10. But you love Ron Paul for doing it?

Ron Paul: My goal would be to get the federal government out of the entitlement business. It will be a tragedy if we continue to do what we do, because we won’t be able to finance them. If you look at Medicare and Social Secruity and Medicaid, they don’t have the money. What I propose is a transitional period. Let young people get out. Take care of the people who have become so dependent on the government. Work our way out of it. Stop spending this money running a world empire and cut some of the budget that won’t hit the poor.

I believe very sincerely that you could do this. If you change the foreign policy, you could save hundreds of billions of dollars rather quickly. You could get rid of your departments. What are we doing running the Department of Agriculture to the tune of billions of dollars? The Department of Energy, the Department of Education – we just don’t need those things. You could address that and still not have to be seen as attacking health-care for children–even though my goal would be to make the Constitution strong enough and efficient enough that you could wean people off and let young people opt out of this soon and assume responsibility for themselves.

#30     Jul 10, 2011