Obama Vs Romney-Who's Really Greedy?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

http://nation.foxnews.com/mitt-romney/2012/01/24/whos-greedy-obama-gave-1-charity-romney-gave-15

WHO'S GREEDY? Obama Gave 1% to Charity, Romney Gave 15%

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and his wife Michelle gave $10,772 of the $1.2 million they earned from 2000 through 2004 to charities, or less than 1 percent, according to tax returns for those years released today by his campaign.

The Obamas increased the amount they gave to charity when their income rose in 2005 and 2006 after the Illinois senator published a bestselling book. The $137,622 they gave over those two years amounted to more than 5 percent of their $2.6 million income.

Romney charitable contributions

Tax year Taxable income Charitable donations Donations as % of income
    2010 $21.7 million $2.98 million 13.73%
    2011 (est) $20.9 million $4 million 19.14%

2. No, Romney gave to the Mormon Church and is required to by his crazy religion.

3. Max E.

Max E.

Obama knows he cant run on his shoddy record, as he has been a bigger disaster than Bush.

This is why the only argument they have left is class warfare. The left tries to bitch about Romney and his tax record, yet he is the most charitable presidential candidate in history...... In the mean time, there isnt a single liberal on this site who can explain to me how raising the taxes on the rich is going to boost anyone in the private sector, and Obama's primary argument is that the reason the economy is bad is because "the rich" are not paying their fair share......

Its Such a joke.... Only a total loser would buy into the shit Obama and the left wing media is selling, and that is what Obama is counting on.....an army of losers to march him back into office.

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

I don't care if he gives money to his local crack dealer. How generous is the messiah with his money? I mean the President. Apparently not very.

5. Epic

Epic

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, he gave about 10% to his church and another 5% to other charities. Nevermind the fact that the Mormon church is very well known for their humanitarian and welfare work throughout the world, even if you eliminate the amount sent to his church, he still donated more than Obama, Biden, Bush, Kerry, Gingrich..... who am I missing?

6. I am curious if Mitt Romney only make 1 million for the year, will he give $150,000 to charity?

7. Joe Biden gave $369 to charity :p

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

And that was probably a lie, just to get the tax deduction. :)

9. Epic

Epic

At least $100K would be assumed, as all the other devout Mormon donate 10% regardless of income.

10. This here comment says the real objectives behind your thread. A person gives 135 Grand to charity but you see fit to call him greedy. Charity is voluntary . . . . Mavie.

What percentage of your almost 13000 posts were made with crap like this because you were busy with someones generosity up your ass. :mad: .

#10     Jan 25, 2012