Obama violates constitution, subverts Bill of Rights

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Jan 4, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

In Obama's defense, Congress was playing games by preventing recess by simply having one congressman show up, gavel in, gavel out and leave.

I'm not excusing Obama, as he clearly did this to get it through. But I say set fire to the whole lot of them.

3. Ricter

Ricter

OWS are buying guns, too?

4. http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-04-05-bush-recess-option_N.htm

Many presidents have used the recess option

By David Jackson, USA TODAY

WASHINGTON — When President Bush decided this week that the Democratic-led Senate was playing politics with his nominees, he once again used powers as old as the U.S. Constitution to make recess appointments.

Bush ranks fourth among modern presidents in granting such appointments, bypassing the Senate 165 times to get his nominees in place, according to the Senate historian's office. Ronald Reagan holds the record with 243 appointments.

5. pspr

pspr

Obama is shredding the Constitution. This WILL be decided by the courts.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ditto

7. Open and shut case

The power to make recess appointments is granted in the Constitution (Article II, Section 2, Clause 3): "The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session."

The Constitution does not specify how long a recess must be for the president to make a recess appointment, and experts disagree on what counts as a "recess."

8. OWSer's are broke. Didnt you see the pictures of them. All unemployed hippies. But if you created a government program that distributes guns, they would be the first in line to get them I bet.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

With what, their welfare checks? And if they spend it on guns, how will they buy their drugs?

#10     Jan 4, 2012