Obama urges CEOs to Hire

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Rashid_G., Dec 15, 2010.

1. Hire whom & where? H1Bs and in China or India?

#11     Dec 16, 2010
  2. In 2012, when the "official/phony" unemployment rate is still about 10%... perhaps THEN we'll consider what's really necessary to get Americans back to work and the economy back on track....

#12     Dec 16, 2010
  3. Hate to break the news to ya'll but Bernanke finds no correlation between outsourcing and unemployment here in America.

Ahemmm.. we are all barking up the wrong tree.

Now with that being said, Obama has two options, extend UE benes and door number 2 ........ Obama pleading with CEO's to start hiring.

Looking back Obama has started some "job initiaitives".

Beer summits. We should have more and bigger "beer summits" screw the job fairs. Beer summits are hot.

He retracted or "Make myself clear" regarding heading out to Las Vegas to gamble. (Not sure though if he was referring to slots or real estate).

#13     Dec 16, 2010
  4. Really? So you people don't approve of the president even attempting a little moral suasion? You want him to fail so badly that you don't care whether or not it hurts your country? Now that's unbridled hate, pure and simple.

#14     Dec 16, 2010
  5. Job fairs are great. They have many great positions to choose from like selling meat out of a truck door to door and selling candles to your friends and family.

The best job in the world though is a sign holder; they crack me up, they're always dancing around the sidewalk holding a sign; what are they smoking? I wonder if any MBA's or PHD's are sign holders. I am so jealous of those sign holders, they get all the fine girls. I can imagine some fine woman at a party with her sign holding husband...one woman says "my husband is a hedge fund manager"...one woman says "my husband is a neurosurgeon"...the fine woman says "my husband is a sign holder." Then all the women at the party drop to their knees and start praising the sign holder husband like he is God.

#15     Dec 16, 2010
  6. S2007S

S2007S

So now the other way to create jobs is to ask politely for the biggest companies in america who have billions on their books to start hiring because we just need to "create" more jobs. This has become one fucking mess of an economy.

#16     Dec 16, 2010
  7. Spot on ! :)

#17     Dec 16, 2010
  8. Please Mr. CEO, hire me; I don't care if your company is losing money because times are tough and there is not much demand for your product or service, my unemployment just ran out, I have 5 kids to support, I have a huge mortgage on my 6 bedroom mcmansion, I have 2 car payments on my BMW and Mercedes, I am a member of the country club, I need to take 4 vacations per year, my 5 kids all have Iphones, I have 200 channels on my cable tv, and I absolutely refuse to downsize my home, sell my cars, and get rid of my material objects, because then Barbara Jones and her fat pie eating husband next door will think we're losers and won't allow her kids to then play with my kids.

#18     Dec 16, 2010
  9. Perhaps corporate profits being at an ALL-TIME HIGH has something to do with the president's initiative in this regard. And yet, some of you guys continue to bash the president's effort at moral suasion despite this unusual combination of record high corporate profits and near-record unemployment. Such patriots.

#19     Dec 16, 2010
  10. olias

olias

So you really don't think he's pro business? Here are his quotes from the article:

"You've got essentially a 7 million to 8 million gap between where jobs should be for relatively full employment and where we are," the president said then. "That is my greatest fear, is we don't close that gap."

"I believe that the primary engine of America's economic success is not government," he said. "It's the ingenuity of America's entrepreneurs. It's the dynamism of our markets. And, for me, the most important question about an economic idea is not whether it's good short-term politics or meets somebody's litmus test. It's whether it will help spur businesses, jobs and growth."

Isn't it more honest to say he is pro business but perhaps you disagree on the course of action?

#20     Dec 16, 2010