Obama: UPS and FedEx are doing fine, it's the USPS that sucks

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Mercor

Mercor

When are you going to learn. We have covered this issue many times with you. Why don't you understand?

Medicare is great now because they have unlimited money to spend. The system takes in more then it spends. But this year it goes upside down and will spend more then it takes in. It is this deficit forecast that is the major scare tactic of Obama when he says the system is broken.

Do you understand the problem now?

#21     Aug 11, 2009
  2. They lose money because their main source of revenue was first class letters.People are sending less and less letters every day and there is no going back.I used to go to the post office twice a month to pay bills,I do it all online now.I only go to my mail box once a week now as all messages come to my email.Technology has taken over the need of the post office

#22     Aug 11, 2009
  3. Like everything else more money has to go to Medicaid.The price increase to keep Medicaid afloat is less then the price that the private insurance industry raises prices every year

#23     Aug 11, 2009
  4. Mercor

Mercor

No reason the post office couldn't have started overnight deliveries instead of fed ex.

No reason the post office could not have started electronic mail , wire transfers.

This is why the Government does not innovate, there is no incentive

This is why you see very few new medical advancements from Government controlled heath care systems

#24     Aug 11, 2009
  5. He is not trying to sell "gov run health care".He is trying to offer every American who is being screwed over by the Private health insurers the ability to buy into what is basically Medicaid

Medicaid is not "Gov run health care".

#25     Aug 11, 2009
  6. I agree private industry is better then the government for innovation.The problem with todays health care system is the private health insurance industry and they don't really innovate anything.The innovators sell to both Medicare patients and private ins patients

#26     Aug 11, 2009
  7. There is zero innovation by these gov't run entities, you cannot fire or layoff people and there is no incentive to work hard.
    There is an endless supply of money available to burn and that's exactly what this bullshit healthcare system will be.

No money will be saved, it will become this digusting bloated gov't agency, healthcare will be terrible and we will all suffer for it. And once you give something like this to the stupid f+cks who think it's free you cannot take it back.

The USPS loses 20 million dollars a day everyday. How much do you think universal healthcare is going to cost?

Here is a list of obamas estimates

Deficits of $1.8 trillion this year and $1.3 trillion in 2010, as predicted by the White House, would add to the federal debt. The current $11.7 trillion debt already equals about $38,500 for every U.S. resident. The recession, now in its postwar-record 21st month, has dealt a worse blow to the budget than the administration expected:

• The economy is set to shrink by 2.6% this year, more than twice what the White House predicted in February and May.

• As a result, tax revenue is down by $353 billion over 10 months, which is about what the White House thought it would lose for the entire year.

• Unemployment, projected at 8.1% this year by the White House, was 9.4% in July. Spending for jobless benefits, Medicaid and Medicare has soared as people have lost work and health insurance. Jobless benefits are costing more than twice what was spent last year.

#27     Aug 11, 2009
  8. What are you talking about? Billy Tauzin just innovated himself a $1million per year raise.

#28     Aug 11, 2009
  9. Obamas health care plan is to make what is basically Medicaid available to every American

Medicaid and Medicare are very good programs.The price increase to keep Medicaid afloat is less then the price increase that private insurers raise prices every year

Medicaid is so good that the private insurance industry knows Americans will leave in droves to switch to the Medicaid program,which is why they are fighting it with everything they have

#29     Aug 11, 2009

10. :D :D :D :D

Thats nothing compared to the top dogs of the private insurance companies though

#30     Aug 11, 2009