Obama: UPS and FedEx are doing fine, it's the USPS that sucks

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Illum

Illum

Refreshing to hear that kind of comment from a democrat. Love / hate with this Pres. Changes daily. This comment certainly doesn't bother me at all. It's not a great comparison, but the comment does show a willingness to let the free market be involved. Imagine Pelosi's views on the subject.

I already know when the hate part will come. When this turns out to be a complete gov take over and he was being deceitful or at a minimum willfully ignorant.

#11     Aug 11, 2009
  2. The best manager in the world cant help the fact that people pay bills online now

The best manager in the world cant help the fact email is much faster then a letter

The best manager in the world cant help the fact that health care costs go's up 10 % a year

The best manger in the world cant help the fact that fuel prices keep going up with less people mailing letters but they still have to make door to door delivery's 6 days a week

Even companies no longer want to use the mail.Every time I log into my trading account or credit card accounts I get asked do I want to switch to paperless billing or statements

#12     Aug 11, 2009
  3. Please just stop, breathe and remove your head from your ass.

#13     Aug 11, 2009
  4. Mercor

Mercor

Are you a businessman? When revenues drop you try to find new revenue sources and reduce your overhead. A badly managed company will do neither and die.
    Look at AT&T they lost a monopoly on phone service. They seem to be doing ok now.

#14     Aug 11, 2009
  5. And the best President in the world can't help that he just threw the gov under the bus in trying to sell gov run health care.

#15     Aug 11, 2009
  6. BTW,On the rare occasion I have to ship something I use The Postal Service Priority mail

If I could I would trade my current health Ins for Medicaid.My grandfather had private medical ins as part of his retirement package.After a year of pre approvals,tests being denied,co pays,deductibles,maximum daily benefits etc he voluntarily switched to Medicare and was happy with it until he passed

#16     Aug 11, 2009
  7. and if the postal service were managed properly you probably would have saved money and gotten it there faster.

#17     Aug 11, 2009
  8. AT&T was able to switch to different business ventures.Internet service,Cell phone Service ,other wireless services

The post office cant just switch to different business ventures,the main purpose of the post office is mail service

#18     Aug 11, 2009
  9. I use USPS to ship also, they are a hell of a lot cheaper than UPS and fedex, but i guess thats why they lose money.

Medicaid is good and does work for the old folks but thats because we pay for it. Which is fine with me, I'll subsizdize the old folks now if in the future I get the same.

#19     Aug 11, 2009
  10. I don't ever recall a priority mail package I sent being more then the 2 or 3 days they promised.

#20     Aug 11, 2009