obama trying to play nice again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Hello

Hello

I actually disagree with this, insurance companies should be allowed to tell you to fuck off if you live an unhealthy lifestyle where you chase down your hoot of crack with a mcdonalds cheeseburger every day.

#51     Feb 25, 2010
  2. Hello

Hello

This is an argument where you are just chasing republican talking points. In a true free market world, any company should be able to tell you whatever they want. If you support this you are in fact supporting a democratic ideal where health insurers should not be allowed to tell unhealthy people who live unhealthy lives to screw off........

#52     Feb 25, 2010
  3. The republican party has the mission to give the rights to every republican voter to vote for stupid corrupt republicans...

So far, I have to say...

Mission Accomplished!

#53     Feb 25, 2010
  4. There is no free market world Dorothy, there never was, and there never will be.

Additionally, your argument from personal experience is invalid.

Plenty of people have worked their butts off, put themselves through school, etc. and then through no fault of their own...due to illness ended up in poverty and excluded from health insurance going forward.

I am all for each person working hard and doing their best...but life need not be a jungle.

There are sufficient resources in this country to provide decent health care for all people...and if people are genuinely patriotic and care about America, then they care about all Americans. We are a stronger society when people are healthy and working...

Is health care a right?

Perhaps not, but it is the right thing to do in a civilized society.

#54     Feb 25, 2010
  5. Why are insurance companies and health care companies not subject to anti trust legislation?

Why would insurance companies need anti trust immunity unless they were employing predatory and monopolistic practices?

#55     Feb 25, 2010
  6. Hello

Hello

Why will you not answer my question then.... no one will answer this question, WHY SHOULD WE NOT PUT PEOPLE WHO CAN NOT AFFORD TO EAT ABOVE THOSE WHO CAN NOT AFFORD HEALTHCARE, it appears to me that being able to feed yourself is a much more pressnig concern...... the truth is you are just chasing dem. talking points.

#56     Feb 25, 2010
  7. I don't think I made my point clear. Private insurance companies should definentely be allowed to raise your premiums (or not cover u) for living unhealthy. I meant if we had a govt run system, and that is everyone's ONLY "option". And yes they are repub talking points, but it is just a hypothetical scenario which I wouldn't expect to happen but u never know, especially without competition.

#57     Feb 25, 2010
  8. STOP YOUR IDIOTIC SHOUTING...

This isn't right wing talk radio, try to speak like a human being, okay?

#58     Feb 25, 2010

9. You have the writing pattern of poster Pabst Prime.

#59     Feb 25, 2010
  10. hello. anybody home? ever heard of food stamps?how about meals on wheels, how about the school lunch program?

#60     Feb 25, 2010