obama trying to play nice again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Feb 25, 2010.

1. I would pat you on the back and say good job but you've already done that.

#21     Feb 25, 2010
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

...and deservedly so. If true it's self sufficient people like him we need more of, not less.

#22     Feb 25, 2010
  3. Hello

Hello

Your damn rights i have patted myself on the back for what I have accomplished, I am happy to have achieved what I have and I worked my ass off to get where I am, it would have been real easy to start playing the blame game when i was 16, because my parents broke up and i had real shitty stepparents, but i didnt do that, i decided to work my ass off and make something of myself. This seems to be a fundamental difference between the way some people think. I figured out when I was 19 how to make close to a 6 figure living, so excuse me for not having much sympathy for people out there who simlpy dont choose to work, and try to figure it out but instead bitch and moan. The truth is when i was 19 i bought a shitty ass dump truck for 2k, and hauled all the extra stuff from construction sites to the dump for people, but too many people in society think that being a garbage collector is below them, it was a damn joke making money doing that stuff from 2001-2004. Are you really so ignorant that you need to choose to make fun of people who came from tough circumstances and made something of themselves without the government/taxpayers funding my way?

#23     Feb 25, 2010
  4. so what happens if you do permanent damage to your back while patting yourself on the back and can never work again? wouldnt it be nice to have some kind of safety net just in case you cant work and cant buy insurance?

#24     Feb 25, 2010
  5. Even if he could work again he most likely wont be able to buy health insurance even if he wanted to because he now has a pre existing condition from his broken back

Some people just don't get it

#25     Feb 25, 2010
  6. Hello

Hello

Well then I guess essentially I would have been screwed, and i would have been forced to live off one of the other 1000's of government programs already available, though i suspect i would have found a job somewhere else given the fact that I have figured out a way to earn money no matter where i end up. Seeing as how i am currently earning a very good living trading, i guess it would have just led me in the right direction earlier.....

I wasnt born being able to run the 40, in 4.3 seconds, so should i tax all the NFL players who can? Where does this stop, there is a billion people across the world who will not eat today, why are we not providing every single one of them food? Sorry life isnt fair, all you can do is work your as off to provide a living for your self, it is not my problem that someone else chooses not to work as hard as me, or that they cant work.

#26     Feb 25, 2010
  7. so in your ideal world its dog eat dog? you are happy just as long as you are doing the eating. i suspect if push comes to shove and the tables were turned you would want help if faced with life or death decisions.

#27     Feb 25, 2010
  8. I'm choked up Hello. You are a true hero and an inspiration to all Americans, congratulations. Thank you for your service to our country. Your also short sighted and way too full of yourself. You are one accident away from being uninsurable or unable to work or unable to switch insurance. This isn't about you being the American dream nor is about welfare or handouts, it is about improving our health insurance system in America, simple as that. I for one along with millions of others say it can be improved to make the safety net safer for all of us, you and me. After all that is the reason we buy insurance for the safety net and if the safety net can be improved it should be something we all would want, you and me.

#28     Feb 25, 2010
  9. Your drastically exaggerating. Health INSURANCE is a private industry, a priviledge, not a RIGHT.

I think the idea of a "universal pool" is good as long as it is done privately, this would essentially give everyone the OPTION to join a group policy, which does decrease premiums. Obama even spoke to the validity of companies being allowed to offer policies interstate, this alone would allow for the creation of these universal pools (they would have to be tiered according to one's inherent risk). This is also the only way to keep it affordable, as the insurance companies will continue to make money as opposed to the govt (taxpayers) losing it. It could also be implemented immediately, and is worth trying as opposed to completely altering the system.

#29     Feb 25, 2010
  10. is education a right in this country?

#30     Feb 25, 2010