obama trying to play nice again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Republicans get an F so far. I'd like to see the President ask for their resignations, effective immediatly, and here's why. What they're basicly saying is that we can't trust the government, so let me ask, just who is the government? And don't give me the "we the people" bullshit because we all know that ain't the case. THEY are the government. So if we cannot trust them to do the job they need to go, NOW.
    The government has one primary job, which is to protect the citizens from enemies, both foreign and domestic. As it turns out, corporate America has become an enemy of the people. In this case, specific to heathcare, the enemy are the insurance companies. They have brought this on themselves. Since they have demonstrated that they are unwilling to run their business in an ethical manner the government needs to step in and regulate that business. It's too bad it has come to this, but again, they have no one but themselves to blame.
    We no longer have capitalism in this country, we have the wholesale rape of the American consumer. I am very pro capitalism and this ain't it. I fully expect my elected representatives to protect me from these people, and if, by their own admission, thay cannot be trusted to do so, then good-bye. The president needs to lay down the law here, and in no uncertain terms, if you're not willing or able to do the job of an elected offical, then get the fuck out.

#11     Feb 25, 2010
  2. interesting point. 3000 people died in 2001 and the republicans had no problem spending 3 trillion dollars chasing imaginary foes to fix the problem.

45000 people die every year from lack of health insurance and the republicans refuse to spend anything to fix the problem. just saying.

#12     Feb 25, 2010
  3. The dems aren't making an arguement, they are sharing personal cry baby stories. At least the repubs are bringing up the numbers, which is the second most important issue, aside from hijacking a private industry.

However this (so far) is the most reasonable I have ever seen Obama. And my estimation of McCain continues to plummet, no reason to bring up the campaign.

#13     Feb 25, 2010
  4. That was refreshing.

#14     Feb 25, 2010
  5. From what I watched Obama answered every question on the numbers / cost and he seemed to stump the republicans with the facts. I think Obama studied the GAO (?) report and the health care bill more than the republicans, he seems more informed and better prepared and his argument is defiantly stronger so far. The anecdotal stories are a little sappy but that could be you or me under the wrong circumstances or with the wrong insurer.

#15     Feb 25, 2010
  6. Obviously democrats are stupid too.

CNN Poll: Only 25% want Dems to pass their health bills....

What is amazing is that the democrats got their clock cleaned in the last election because everyone hates this thing and here they go again.

Truly amazing.

#16     Feb 25, 2010
  7. I gave him credit, but let's see what he has to say afterwards. Also that one guy (forgot his name) is kinda young, wears glasses held his own against Obama. His line "in a perfect world everyone would have everything they want, but we cannot afford this" (something like that), is pretty much indisputable.

#17     Feb 25, 2010
  8. Hello

Hello

Agreed, all they are doing is presenting a bunch of sob stories, anyone who actually believes that insuring people with pre existing conditions will bring down premiums needs to have their head examined, Obama is lying again, there is no chance in hell this bill will bring down costs. Think about it logically, every snigle person that comes into an insurance company with a serious pre existing condition is going to easily cost 1 million or more dollars to that company, even with price fixing insurance companies wont be able to make premiums cheaper with this, im starting to think the actual goal here is to simply bankrupt insurance companies so dems have their way regardless, with government run healthcare.

#18     Feb 25, 2010
  9. Are you insured and do you buy your own insurance or is it provided by your employer ?

#19     Feb 25, 2010
  10. Hello

Hello

I trade for myself so i pay for my own insurance, I have paid my way for myself. my entire life, Me and my parents never got along so i left my house when i was 16 years old and worked my ass off, to pay my own way and graduate highschool, as well as college, I have zero sympathy for people who are not willing to work to attain their own goals.

#20     Feb 25, 2010