Obama touts this as success

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Sep 10, 2012.

1. I know exactly how they came to that figure, I was asking if you did. Because if you did, you would know that know that no legitimate business/accounting method would come to the same result.

If you built a house for $100k and rented it out for a month for $1000, you did not lose $99k. You invested $100k and in return received $1000 in return for the first month.

#21     Sep 10, 2012
  2. pspr

pspr

Why don't you answer my question to you, Sandydog? How do you magically show up when ever the word volt is mentioned? Are you stalking threads on the volt for GM or something? Are you a government employee used by Obama to try and target volt threads?

What's the deal with you showing up as soon as the word 'volt' is used? You seem like the very definition of a stalker.

P.S. A car is NOT real estate. It is a depreciating piece of personal property that starts to lose value the second you drive it off the lot.

#22     Sep 10, 2012
  3. Eight

Eight

Yeah, don't listen to those Industry Analysts, wtf do they know?

#23     Sep 11, 2012
  4. The battery is not larger, it's energy capacity is.

Wallace said the battery weight didn’t vary and that it wouldn’t modify in future vehicles “without going to originally new chemistries.”
    http://divuro.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/gm-extends-range-of-chevy-volts-battery-pack-by-3-miles/

You can call me an idiot all you want, but I'm the one getting 320 MPG. Tomorrow, when I drive by a gas station, I'll think of you and say to myself, yes, I'm the idiot. The idiot who hasn't put gas in his car in 9 months.

#24     Sep 11, 2012
  5. yeah cause everybody knows lectricity comes from unicorn farts and it's FREE, just plug it in.

#25     Sep 11, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I didn't really say I believe it, I asked if it was true. You being a GM salesman and all I thought you might have some insight. I guess not.

#26     Sep 11, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

So, you won't answer my question about how you seem to popup when ever someone posts about a volt. Are you sitting at a desk in the White House? Why are you stalking people who report news about the volt? And, yes this is in the news. It's credible.

So, tell us about your stalking and shilling for Obama and Government Motors.

#27     Sep 11, 2012
  8. How did you come to believe that Sandy is a salesman , huh ?

#28     Sep 11, 2012
  9. Bingo. Busted. He claims to be moving Volts like free beer. Maybe he is, provided he has the Defense Department contract. No one else is buying them.

#29     Sep 11, 2012
  10. OK, you had a minor point before spoiling it with the real estate example.

The cost apparently does include R & D costs. So how much they are losing depends on how you define costs. If it is only marginal costs or variable costs, clearly they are not losing that much per unit. They're probably still losing, just not that much. You can't run a car line for the volumes they are doing and not lose.

But the costs are there. somebody has to pay for them.. oh wait, the taxpayers got to do that, didn't they. So the $40 billion or so Obama pissed away to pay off his union paymasters just doesn't count.

You could make an argument that at least some of the R&D would make its way into later vehicles, but the Volt has been such a total and complete disaster, GM may be out of business before they can recoup any of it.

The biggest problem with the Volt is they start out with a piece of crap, then put a battery and electric motor in it. A battery that may not get you downtown and back. You'd have to be a total moron to buy one of these instead of a Prius.

#30     Sep 11, 2012