Obama touts this as success

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Sep 10, 2012.

1. How long would you like them to warranty it? No manufacturer warranty's their car after 100,000 miles. GM has already stated that they expect a 20% degradation of the battery after 100,000 miles. It's a battery, it degrades over time.

#11     Sep 10, 2012
  2. wildchild

wildchild

If the ticket was actually Ryan/Romney I think a lot of people would like it. I certainly would like it a lot more.

#12     Sep 10, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I know you're probably just a salesmen, but is GM really losing 49K per Volt?

Who thought that was a good idea?

#13     Sep 10, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

Hey dog,

Do you have any thread with the word 'volt' in it send you an alert?

I'm just saying it's a piece of crap and the battery is going to be a big problem for owners as the car ages. That's a fact.

I'm not sure what the scrap value is right off the showroom floor but it's worth considering.

#14     Sep 10, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Probably not much, I dropped off a transmission along with some other metal some time back and only got lunch money in exchange for it.

#15     Sep 10, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

But you could pull that lithium battery out and sell it for lithium scrap maybe. Then just operate the car as a regular gasoline engine car. It would probably weight at least a thousand pounds less, too. :D

Oh, Oh - big news - GM is making the battery bigger for 2013. It's going to go 3 miles further. Whoooopeeeeee!

#16     Sep 10, 2012
  7. Somebody writes an article saying they are losing $49k per unit. You have no idea how they came to that figure but you believe it. Why don't read the article and explain to me how they came to that conclusion and then maybe you will have your answer.

#17     Sep 10, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

What? You don't know how to read?

#18     Sep 10, 2012
  9. Do you just make stuff up out of thin air? A simple search on google will tell you that the battery pack weighs about 400 pounds. Also, it did not get bigger for 2013. They reconfigured the same battery to be able to produce 10% more range.

It's funny how the more the Volt gets bashed by ignorant people like you, the more the average joe is realizing that this is a viable solution.

#19     Sep 10, 2012
  10. pspr

pspr

I think you proved you are an idiot in an earlier thread. Do you know what the word 'probably' means in a sentence? Don't show us how foolish you are again.

Chevrolet has announced the 2013 Volt will be equipped with a larger battery that will enable the model to have a longer electric-only range.

Boasting a capacity of 16.5 kWh (an increase of 0.5 kWh), the battery allows the model to travel 38 miles (61 km) on electricity alone - a 3 mile (5 km) increase. The car's EPA rating also climbs from 94 MPGe to 98 MPGe, while the overall range increases to 380 miles (612 km).

Unfortunately, the larger battery results in a longer recharging time as GM estimates a full recharge will take 10.5 hours with a 120V outlet and 4.25 hours with a 240V rapid charger.

#20     Sep 10, 2012