Obama touts this as success

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Sep 10, 2012.

1. wildchild

wildchild

I just cannot believe that Democrats think this is a good idea. Somewhere in Kenya there is a village that is missing its idiot.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/10/us-generalmotors-autos-volt-idUSBRE88904J20120910

"General Motors Co sold a record number of Chevrolet Volt sedans in August — but that probably isn't a good thing for the automaker's bottom line.

Nearly two years after the introduction of the path-breaking plug-in hybrid, GM is still losing as much as $49,000 on each Volt it builds, according to estimates provided to Reuters by industry analysts and manufacturing experts. GM on Monday issued a statement disputing the estimates.

Cheap Volt lease offers meant to drive more customers to Chevy showrooms this summer may have pushed that loss even higher. There are some Americans paying just $5,050 to drive around for two years in a vehicle that cost as much as $89,000 to produce."

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

In the eyes of the leftists, just showing up makes you a winner.

3. Mercor

Mercor

Government doesn't ever lose money. The 49K per car is an investment.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

In Union votes? :)

5. This line makes me want to go out and get a volt now. :)

6. pspr

pspr

But, it looks like a $20,000 car.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Maybe you could get a tax incentive to buy it, then trade it in latter on the next cash for clunkers program.

8. And yet, you boys above think that the RNC helped Romney. I guess the real world needs a bigger brick to throw at you guys. Nobody likes the ryan/romney ticket, not even the GOP, they're just stuck with it.

I know you guys will be depressed for 4 more years, and it really is too bad. Rather than keep spitting in the wind with nonsense, why not go out and try to accomplish something? Help a charity. Volunteer. Do something helpful.

9. pspr

pspr

No dealer will probably take it in a few years because it has that big toxic battery. GM only warrants the battery for 8 years or 100k miles and the range is probably down 10-30% by then.

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

*rolling eyes*shaking head*

#10     Sep 10, 2012