Obama touts plan to end imported oil reliance within 10 years

Discussion in 'Politics' started by crgarcia, Aug 4, 2008.

1. LOL

#21     Aug 4, 2008
  2. clacy

clacy

Not only is he more "human" when debating vs his amazing oritorical abilities when delivering speaches, but it is also much more difficult for him to answer the much harder questions, that will be tossed around in the debates.

He will at some point in the debates have to answer questions about how you pafor universal health care, what raising taxes might mean to a shaky economy, why he has been opposed to drilling and what his plan for reducing energy prices would be, what the consequences may mean for pulling troops out of Iraq, etc.

His position sounds great at first glance, but doesn't sound nearly as good, when he'll have to have some semblance of reality.

#22     Aug 4, 2008
  3. Very funny......talking about bankruptcy:

http://www.rense.com/general49/bankrupt.htm

I always understood that the Republicans in the US are supposed to be fiscally conservative. What happened? Did they change sides?

#23     Aug 4, 2008
  4. Obama's plan is an ice cream cone and a hundred shares of Enron

now dont start bytching since I've heard most of it already

cut a 4 note fart and laugh yourself to sleep...

#24     Aug 4, 2008
  5. Both parties are in fantasy land when it comes to spending. They keep putting off the hard choices for political reasons. It would be curious to see what % of out national leaders really wish to help the country vs their own careers.

I think we really need a strong, 3rd national party that is all about fiscal responsibility, enforced by law (ya have to cut back the following year if ya don't balance a budget). Term limits would help as well. No more career politicians.

#25     Aug 4, 2008
  6. Ron Paul tried and look what happened, the media completely blocked him out. Influence of the media in this country is a huge problem (or should I say the complacent people living in it).

#26     Aug 4, 2008
  7. didn't Ronald Regan run under that platform and drive up our deficits though the roof? the talk the talk, but don't walk the walk

#27     Aug 5, 2008
  8. Ron Paul had great intentions, but is just a bit too much of a whack job. You cannot say to the American people that you would just eliminate the CIA! way too radical.

#28     Aug 5, 2008
  9. maxpi

maxpi

We're 40 years into the War on Poverty. It was supposed to end poverty... it just buys Democrats votes nowadays, poverty is pretty much as it was....

#29     Aug 5, 2008
  10. thought this was an economics thread,

just another political thread....

pretty strong opinions here too....

would be better moved to political forums

#30     Aug 5, 2008