Obama: Too much debt could fuel double-dip recession

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by kaciara, Nov 19, 2009.

1. kaciara

kaciara

BEIJING, Nov 18 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama gave his sternest warning yet about the need to contain rising U.S. deficits, saying on Wednesday that if government debt were to pile up too much, it could lead to a double-dip recession.

With the U.S. unemployment rate at 10.2 percent, Obama told Fox News his administration faces a delicate balance of trying to boost the economy and spur job creation while putting the economy on a path toward long-term deficit reduction.

more...

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSN188108620091118

2. He doesn't think we ALREADY have too much debt?

Should check out the $USD's plunge and the majority opinion about its future...

3. This administration is toast.

4. S2007S

S2007S

Too much debt???

There is already enough debt to keep this economy in a recession for more than a decade.

5. Mnphats

Mnphats

BO is a hypocrite.

6. Finally Barack Obama is forced to speak the truth.

7. You are absolutely correct about BO. Making these stupid comments while planning to approve a new health plan costing trillions. It only means one thing. Taxing our asses to death to balance his budget.

8. and then he announced a plan for a 3 trillion dollar amnesty for illegal aliens

modern government almost makes Orwell look like a shill for governments

9. dewton

dewton

as long as our presidents make such idiotic comments and provide with non-solutions meant only to pad the pockets of rich powerbrokers, this country is headed for certain doom.

10. http://www.usdebtclock.org/

All in all it looks like a wash to me.

The fly in the ointment will be the US consumer and the housing market.

My best "guess" is SIDEWAYS for awhile but I'm no economist.

#10     Nov 19, 2009