Obama to tell Canada: No more tar sands oil imports

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by moneymonger, Feb 17, 2009.

1. I don't see the point of this, it's not like they will run on solar power tomorrow. This should also put pressure on the stupid PM we have in Stephen Harper.

The stimulus bill is not all that bad. Yes, it's temporary and won't solve anything, but it will easy off any GDP decline long enough to find a solution and that's important. You don't want to have a Japan here with GDP falling by 10%

#11     Feb 17, 2009
  2. My problem with the stimulus is that it is picking the pockets of future generations of Americans before they are even born!

#12     Feb 17, 2009
  3. True and the ball was really dropped with the deregulation of finance about 10 years ago. Not only banks too big to fail, but also billions lost in scams and fraud, the overall economy has been weakened considerably.

But that is done and over, if we don't spend the stimulus, the economy will get worse. The question is, will the american "consumer" then take to the streets and pressure the politicians to make the best decisions? Hard to say.

If you have a global collapse and the public doesn't do anything, power will be consolidated so much, future american generations won't have any wealth to lose anyway.

#13     Feb 17, 2009
  4. whaaaaa????

Maybe this is what he was talking about when he said he was going to reduce our dependence of foreign oil. lol

If he really is considering it, I would be flabberghasted. Insanely stupid for a smart guy (im convinced he's smart, just misguided).

#14     Feb 17, 2009
  5. HAHAHAHAHA i said the exact same thing in this guys other aliases thread, nice to see someone else who actually knows what it is they are talking about.

#15     Feb 17, 2009
  6. What will it say about this administration if we continue business as usual with Hugo Chaves but slam the door in the face of our
    friends in CAnada?

#16     Feb 17, 2009
  7. My understanding is that the USA imports one million barrels a day from Alberta. I may be wrong.

#17     Feb 17, 2009
    #18     Feb 17, 2009
  9. AAA30

AAA30

Hum. Looks like we will get our west coast pipeline after all.

#19     Feb 17, 2009
  10. Banff01

Banff01

I strongly doubt that this is something that can happen in the immediate future. Also from a strategic point of view it would be a very stupid thing for the US to do. But there is no question that the oil extraction process from the tar sands has quite a devastating impact on the environment and needs to be improved.

#20     Feb 17, 2009