Obama to target tax fairness in speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Apparently he assumes he'll die broke too. Since he advocates donating all wealth at the end of your life to the feds...to squander.

#21     Jan 24, 2012
  2. Mnphats

Mnphats

You are on to something.... Ever met a happy liberal?

#22     Jan 24, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

No, I haven't.

#23     Jan 24, 2012
  4. Mnphats

Mnphats

Nor I, even when medicated.

#24     Jan 24, 2012
  5. Only a leftist would call this a Meritocracy:

Person one receives more in government services than he or she pays in taxes, and dies without any money.

Person two works hard or smart and builds wealth so that he or she can help provide a better life for his or her children. The government confiscates his wealth, he or she dies without any money.

#25     Jan 24, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

My income, while paid in $CAD, comes out of one big bucket that also includes USD, GBP, and AUD, and all those divisions pay taxes in their local currencies. Should I return to the US to live (that's one more option than you have) I will resume paying my income taxes in $USD (unless I'm retired).

#26     Jan 24, 2012
  7. Dodge all you want. The fact is that you pay no US federal income tax.

#27     Jan 25, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

BUT he wants the rest of us to pay more.

#28     Jan 25, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

Sorry, I'm too busy counting all the happy conservatives here...

#29     Jan 25, 2012
  10. stu

stu

In general it's difficult to make a sensible argument for person one at all, and hard to see any reasonable argument that can support more tax as the answer to funding an ever higher squandering of tax revenues.

But have you forgotten person three in all this?

Person three works hard and honorably for person two, but the government confiscates person three's wealth at a far far higher rate than person two, only because person two can avoid paying a similar rate, simply from having far far more money.
    Surely the point is to at least get a fair system, then argue for cutting all the rates in it?

I thank you :p

#30     Jan 25, 2012