Obama to target tax fairness in speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Tom B

Tom B

Romney's effective tax rate of 13.9% is only for federal income taxes. In order to start paying incrementally at the highest rate (35%), your income would have to exceed about $374,000. So you would pay the highest rate on $374,001 and above. In order for you to pay an effective income tax rate close to 35%, you would need to earn well over $ 1 million in ordinary income.

#11     Jan 24, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I suppose that is true for some.
    As far as I'm concerned anyone making any amount of money should be paying some income tax.

#12     Jan 24, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Good.

#13     Jan 24, 2012
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Bingo!!! Thats why I was wondering where the fuck he was getting his numbers from. :D

#14     Jan 24, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Please answer this question Ricter.

My question to all the people who want to soak the rich is this:

How would your life be better if someone else who earned more money than you had to pay an extra 5% more in taxes? How is someone elses income tax rate holding you back?

#15     Jan 24, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

It's not defined yet because it's arbitrary, we have to debate what's fair.

So, to start the discussion. ; )

100% over $1,000,000.00 per year. If a guy can't "get out of bed" in the morning because he can't make more than this, then I'll buy him a one-way ticket to Russia. He can take his money too, we'll print a new dollar for every one he takes.

100% inheritance tax. This country should be a MERITOCRACY. If you're wealthy, your kids already have headstart enough. Don't like it? One-way ticket to Russia. Kids too.

#16     Jan 24, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

According to who?

#17     Jan 24, 2012
  8. Max E.

Max E.

How would your life be better if someone else who earned more money than you had to pay an extra 5% more in taxes? How is someone elses income tax rate holding you back, and inhibiting your success?

#18     Jan 24, 2012
  9. This is an interesting perspective coming from some one who pays no US federal income taxes, and lives outside of the US.

#19     Jan 24, 2012
  10. Wallet

Wallet

ROLF! Too Funny

#20     Jan 24, 2012