Obama to raise 10-year deficit to $9 trillion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Bush came into office with a great economy? really?

#11     Aug 23, 2009
  2. Dot com bubble was unwinding but that bubble did not threaten the banking system of the world and a global economic armageddon with it. Besides, that bubble was built upon real, tangible and significant growth in productivity and living standards (and way of life) while the real estate bubble was not.

#12     Aug 23, 2009
  3. Well we now know exactly why Obama needed to push Obamacare through before the recess. With this latest number it is going to be much harder for him pressure the blue dogs. This is yet another nail in the coffin of scoialized healthcare.

#13     Aug 23, 2009

4. At what point will you hold the Obama administration accountable for its actions ?

For the sake of argument, let us discount Iraq and say that Obama never has to allow that "buck" to stop at his desk, even though he could withdraw at anytime he so desired.

He has increased troop levels in Afghanistan to a target of 40,000, while fretting that Gen. McChrystal is going to ask for an additional 10,000 troops. (This request, if it is allowed to proceed, of course would be a PR nightmare for Obama).

Is Afghanistan "His" war now ? Should he be held responsible for it? I do believe he campaigned that Afghanistan was the "proper war".

When does the economy become his responsibility ? We currently have the best market bounce that government money can buy, is this bounce the "Obama Bounce", does he own this bounce ( I say "bounce", but who is to say it is not the start of a bull run for the ages?), and if so, when the inevitable leg down (in my opinion) occurs (maybe after the PRC economic figures that the world is hoping will ignite the global economic engine, are unmasked as a bunch of hooey, for example, 1st quarter growth of 6.1% while energy demand dropped 3.5%) will this be the "Obama Market collapse", or still a Bush residual, some 12 - 16 months into his term ?

When is Obama to be judged on his merits ?

#14     Aug 23, 2009
  5. Once again you are an idiot. I never said Obama was spending 9 trillion this year. You are simply putting words in my mouth.

It is completely obvious that Obama will end up spending more than Bush. It takes about 5 minutes to understand that yet you argue that Obama will end up spending less than Bush.

IDIOT.

Do you really think Obama will end up spending less than Bush? Right now you might get away by putting words in peoples mouths but soon your deficit argument in Obama's favor will be shredding to pieces. Hell it already is.

#15     Aug 23, 2009
  6. Cesko

Cesko

At what point will you hold the Obama administration accountable for its actions ?

NEVER. He is too dumb.:D :D

#16     Aug 23, 2009
  7. Bakinec

Bakinec

LOL.

Anyone in their right mind knows this is the last spending spree of the United States government. The spike before the plunge.

It will have no choice but to either inflate or default, that is if it survives that long.

#17     Aug 24, 2009
  8. [​IMG]

#18     Aug 24, 2009
  9. Mercor

Mercor

George Washington and Abraham Lincoln would be schooled by George W. about being President.

#19     Aug 24, 2009

10. What merits????? :D

#20     Aug 24, 2009