Obama to pay down 20K of your principal.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by noob_trad3r, Jan 24, 2012.

1. dtan1e

dtan1e

way i see just an election gimmick

#21     Jan 25, 2012
  2. volente_00

volente_00

Because the homeowner in san diego owes 400k on a house with a 200k market value. There is very little incentive to stay in the house regardless of loan term.

#22     Jan 25, 2012
  3. volente_00

volente_00

I agree, if you are already 3 months behind on your mortgage a $200 a month break is not going to let you get current.

#23     Jan 25, 2012
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

TARP was a bad idea, and it will take a number of years to see how things really work out. It did nothing to restore lending from banks, and proved the gov't was there to rescue irresponsible
    "TBTF" firms:

http://www.cepr.net/index.php/blogs...ampaign=Feed:+beat_the_press+(Beat+the+Press)

http://mises.org/daily/4762

It's interesting that no one is even using the term "moral hazard" any more. That word left the lexicon sometime in 2008. Nonetheless, giving a break to "distressed" homeowners is a slap in the face to those who pay off their mortgages--even when they can barely afford to.

#24     Jan 25, 2012
  5. I have a hard time buying that arguement. Everyone is underwater on a new car loan, people keep their cars with upside ltv.

On the flip side, if you have a home with a 400 mortgage and a 200k apparaisal suppose when the person sells, the Fed lets you write off the loss?

#25     Jan 25, 2012
  6. Bob111

Bob111

you can't write off the loss on your primary residence

http://homebuying.about.com/od/taxes/qt/082807_HomeLoss.htm

#26     Jan 25, 2012
  7. most ET'ers are pathetic, wanna be rich, GOP shills - I had that figured out a long time ago....they have fallen for the promise the GOP loves to dangle in-front of the redneck losers, "you, sonny too can be rich, just get your GOP card and pay us money". They all vote republican while the rich fuck them in their ass repeatedly...

#27     Jan 25, 2012
  8. That is insane.

Nobody will lend out that far without a gov't (ie taxpayer) backstop.

What you are asking for is fundamentally the same as knocking $ off the owed-amount.

#28     Jan 25, 2012
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

I'm far from the GOP mainstream, but I'll take them over class warfare loving, gov't dole-taking, sub-60 IQers like yourself.

And with 41 posts and a 4-month registration here, how "long" ago did you figure this out? Most likely a reincarnation of an Obama-drone who got embarrassed and left.

#29     Jan 25, 2012
  10. Bad day at the market? I am not a demorcat and Obama apologist but you teabaggers and ET gop cocksuckers just amuse me. I had been active on the site long before you albeit with different aliases. (I guess you could not figure this one out...)

#30     Jan 25, 2012