Obama to nationalize GE?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, Jun 17, 2009.

1. And NY is not? They're only less worse than CA. BTW Texas has a $11 billion surplus. You're lucky that we don't cross the northern border in the middle of the night and take you guys over. It'll be so easy; at least Saddam gave some kind of fight the first 12 hours I doubt you guys can.

#31     Jun 24, 2009
  2. I hate to break this to you buddy, but your $11 Billion surplus in Texas is actually about $2 Billion. And after the state pays for an estimated 160,000 new students that are in the public school system since the last budget was written, you are down to about $1 Billion.:p

And by the way, you got your arse kicked tonight by LSU in the College World Series!

http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=208168

#32     Jun 24, 2009
  3. Like anyone cares about college baseball. I would rather watch a pretaped men's lacross match on CSTV between TCU Horntoads and Duke before I watch that crap. If you want to talk about a real college sport, Texas football has the highest revenue out of all college football programs. Even in sports Texas is fiscally responsible.

And you cleverly forgot to mention $5.7 billion rainy day fund subject to super majority vote. When we're down to a billion then we vote on using the rainy day fund. And I'll be enjoying part of that $3 billion in property tax cuts. That's heck of a lot better than $24 billion deficit CA is running. 7 Billion for NY, 1.3 for Phili... To be on the fair side Georgia has a $2 billion budget gap for next year. Michael Vick's absence really hurt their economy.

#33     Jun 24, 2009
  4. And don't forget that we killed Bin Laden in 2 hours. Thank God for W.

#34     Jun 25, 2009
  5. If Clinton didn't let him slip by his fingers we wouldn't...

Tired of the same argument. Let the big boys talk, okay?

#35     Jun 25, 2009
  6. Yeah 9/11 happened during Clinton's presidency....Everybody is big in an anonymous message board.

#36     Jun 25, 2009
  7. No, not everybody's big. But what I said was more condescending. I don't think one needs to be big to act like that even in real life. I don't know the places where you go to but where I go people don't randomly punch people because they said something bad about them rather they counter act with something clever which you clearly failed to do. So one does not need to be big to stand up for themselves.

So going back into topic. Nationalization of GE in my opinion is out of the question. GE has a lot of good will payments due thanks to their media division's coverage of Obama. And if their common shares are wiped out Obama's is going to hear it from the vast number of retirees who holds GE shares. GE Capital will be spun out before nationalization of the whole company.

If you look at it in a geo-political aspect. GE's recovery is tied into various aspects that GE itself cannot control. Like their large REIT holdings in eastern Europe which is affected by monetary polices of EU and it's member nations. Basically it comes down to confidence really. The market is neutral in that matter so GE is trading near book value while a competitor like MMM is trading 4X book.

BTW I've been swing trading the heck out of this stock and I intend to own a whole bunch for my retirement account.

#37     Jun 25, 2009
  8. This is one of the dumber threads on ET, and the OP obviously has no clue about GE, let alone GE Capital, their capital requirements, etc.

As the above poster states, GE Capital would be spun-off from GE before any kind of strict regulatory control would effect GE.

Get real people.
    Stop with the mindless threads that are merely posted to generate web-activity for ET near the end of the month. This "pattern" has been going on for quite some time now, and the timing of these "controversial" kinds of threads near the end of the month is quite disingenuous.

#38     Jun 25, 2009
  9. Ge is trading under 11 I think I did the right move.

#39     Jul 10, 2009
  10. Duh...
    And that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that the market has been down 4 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS, right?

But for you, GE has dropped 10% because of fears of the Government "nationalizing" GE.

The logic here at ET is too funny.
    :D

#40     Jul 10, 2009