Obama To Introduce Crackdown Measures On Tax Havens

Discussion in 'Economics' started by NielsenDK, Nov 10, 2008.

1. fhl

fhl

I've heard countless people on tv and the press say that obama will govern as a centrist.

So I feel legitimized in saying that I hope the centrist Ann Coulter wins the presidency in 2012.

#31     Nov 10, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

No... not positive about the details however.

#32     Nov 10, 2008

3. I've been looking for it, couldn't find it anywhere. Let me know if you remember where you heard or read that? I'm sure other people would be interested too.

Thanks...

#33     Nov 10, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

Geez... I thought somebody would have given me the raspberries by now for saying this..

#34     Nov 10, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

I tried to find it in the online posting of The Patriot Act... it's very long. I don't even know if it was included in the original law... might be a "tack-on" to other legislation. I've heard about it from a couple of places... but I haven't seen it in print.

The fact that it is so long and that it was passed in October 2001...just ONE MONTH after 9/11, makes me suspect it was all laid out in advance.... AND makes me even more suspicious that the US Gummint was duplicitous in 9/11... I know, such a thing is an outrage. But it's consistent with my view of the total evil and self-serving criminal nature of our Gummint.

#35     Nov 10, 2008
  6. jprad

jprad

No one specific.

With any luck this next four years can do as much damage to the Democrats as the last 8 did for the Republicans so that a real third party can emerge, most likely with a defection of the moderates within the rank and file of each party that are feeling disenfranchised by their party leadership.

#36     Nov 10, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

"Body", "Body", "Body"...
    :D

#37     Nov 10, 2008
  8. Bump.

#38     Nov 10, 2008
  9. jprad

jprad

Well, it was laid out in advance, almost two years before the towers fell.

But, it wasn't due to goverment conspiracy. The bulk of the act came out of the report from the Hart-Rudman Commission on National Security for the 21st century.

It was a bi-partisan commission under Clinton's watch.

#39     Nov 10, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

Why was its passage delayed until October, 2001. Was that a coincidence? Or are there objectionable provisions which could only "get by" scrutiny when the public was in a panic and/or distracted? ???

#40     Nov 10, 2008