Obama to Fluke: Your Parents Should Be Really Proud

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Trader666, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Obama to Fluke: Your Parents Should Be Really Proud
    Eric Randall 1:28 PM ET

After Rush Limbaugh called Sandra Fluke a "slut" and "prostitute" for testifying to Congress about the need for contraceptive health care coverage, the Georgetown law student became something of a lightening rod. Now President Obama has called to thank her. The President called Fluke on the phone just before her appearance on Andrea Mitchell Reports on MSNBC Friday, she told Mitchell, and offered words of support and an implicit rebuke of Limbaugh. This comes after Speaker John Boehner criticized the conservative radio host and at least one advertiser abandoned his show.

Fluke told Mitchell:

Obama was alluding to Limbaugh's trolling question, "Can you imagine if you're her parents how proud of Sandra Fluke you would be? Your daughter goes up to a congressional hearing conducted by the Botox-filled Nancy Pelosi and testifies she's having so much sex she can't afford her own birth control pills and she agrees that Obama should provide them, or the Pope."

We'll leave it you to decide whose comments are making Fluke's parents prouder right now.

2. pspr

When Obama was talking to her was that "One Fluke To Another?" :D
  3. You might want to actually listen to her testimony.
    Or not. Another display of just how low y'all will go. I'm still looking for the bottom.
  4. Her testimony set some kind of sick high-water mark for clueless entitlement mindedness. She voluntarily chooses a Catholic school, then is outraged they don't provide her with products for her sex life. And somehow she is some profile in courage for going before Congress and whining about not getting yet something else free. Guess what, someone has to pay for it and maybe your fellow students and employees don't want to subsidize your sex life.
  5. Lucrum

6. This should be an economic issue not a moral issue.
    Insurance pays for prescriptions. The quantities are controlled by licensed physicians.

Contraception are bought by the employee. Is there a limit?
    Can they buy 10k a month? Who has the right to limit how much they buy?

Many companies will design their insurance policies to limit how many paid doctors visits an employee can make in a year. Why cant the same company limit how much can be spent on contraception per employee?
    Then the question is will there be a law setting a minimum level of spending?
  7. What is it, 90% of catholic women take birth control? And calling a college student at a great school a slut, is just wrong. No left versus right thing, just a foolish old man with some stupid carnival type show. Worse than Imus ever was.

So many other things to hitch your wagon to. Get out of everyone's bedroom, extreme right, please. You guys want less government, start with staying the hell out of the bedroom. Gays, sex, and all the rest should be up to personal choice in our America.

8. 377OHMS

Fine, just don't expect me to pay for it.
  9. Lucrum

Kinda "hard" (pun intended) to do when the government starts insisting I have to pay for this bitches birth control. She can be made "air tight" 13 times a day for all I care.

I just don't want to fucking pay for it. And why should I?
  10. pspr

If she is having sex an average of 3 times a day what would you call her? Mother Theresa?
    #10     Mar 2, 2012