Obama to eliminate 60/40 tax benefit for dealers

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Trader KGB, May 11, 2009.

1. Ok, yeah, let's just bitch about cause this is such breaking news. Because understanding the agenda without the emotions of a teenager on a sugar rush is a stupid & pointless idea.

The real question is, WTF are the people bitching gonna do about it?

#41     May 12, 2009
  2. pev

pev

And you're not tired of the party that thinks they care about the people?

Only an idiot would believe that only one party has corruption but not the other.

#42     May 12, 2009
  3. ... and let Buffett pay 15% on his OPM gains as a public investment manager.

#43     May 12, 2009
  4. The CME Group (CME) doesn't seem to be taking it so hard this morning. +5.65.

#44     May 12, 2009
  5. WOW.....sounds like your getting a bit worked up there.....:eek: :p :D

#45     May 12, 2009
  6. What's really funny to me is that now the right wing kook-job have to pray to the
    the "Jewish Diablo"... Rahm Israel Emanuel -- as their man and patron in the White House from Chicago.

Save me oh Jebsus of the Torah....Save me.

#46     May 12, 2009
  7. Good. Hopefully the proposal won't gain traction

#47     May 12, 2009
  8. Some people seem to forget how the Budget process works. The Pres proposes the budget and the Congress makes the budget. My guess is that Chicago has lot's of pull in the process.

If not---Rahm --- is your man.

:D

#48     May 12, 2009
  9. It's in the market. Not as if CME members didn't know until this thread got started on ET.....

The plan doesn't effect exchange volume as much as it effects where people will domicile their own trading activity.

And a few "pro-tax" idiots don't get it. A 'commodity dealer" can just as easily be a long hedger whose product usage will be spread out over more than one year. Just another accounting nightmare for folks who have cash market gains and losses vs. futures gains and losses of differing durations etc.

Bottom line is the blended tax rate is going to increase one way or the other. Either taxable rates increase or the 60/40 goes bye-bye. My guess is Obama is skittish about roiling the markets with some sort of punitive 28% cap gains hike so he'll chisel it out on the back end.

And Doc: Just by virtue of JC being a Jew keeps my own devotion somewhat in check.....:D

#49     May 12, 2009
  10. U POS.

Go crawl back under your rock.

#50     May 12, 2009