Obama To Create U.S. Dept. of Jobs - LOL

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Aug 15, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

This is the funniest thing I've heard in months. :D

...word over the weekend courtesy of the NYTimes that the Obama borg have been thinking outside the box:

"The administration may ... merge the Department of Commerce, the Office of the United States Trade Representative and some economic divisions at the State Department into a new agency, administration officials said. Possible names include the Department of Jobs or the Department of Competitiveness."

http://www.lvrj.com/blogs/sherm/_From_the_mind_of_Obama_The_Department_of_Jobs_.html?ref=048

2. Just what we need, more government. How about looking for things to cut instead?

The words "Obama" and "jobs" should not be used in the same sentence unless the word "destroy" is also present.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Geesus that guy Obama is a moron. Obviously he's just trying to appear concerned about jobs as part of his campaign.
    How does this dope plan to pay for yet another government agency?

4. TGregg

TGregg

When I first heard about this, I thought it was a joke.

And a year from now, we'll all know it really was a joke, but a joke on the taxpayers.

5. It's true..about 4-5 years ago I began to notice that The Onion's obvious spoof articles were starting to sound more and more like the sort of PR fluff that was coming out of the gov. Especially during 2008 when every acronym ever invented was used to try and "bailout" the system.

6. Ricter

Ricter

Looks like some departmental consolidations to me, that's probably a good thing.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh yeah, which ones are being consolidated?

8. Ricter

Ricter

Perhaps you should reread the op.

9. Is this an onion joke?

10. pspr

pspr

That's it!!!! That's Obama's source for his ideas - The Onion! I knew he couldn't think up this crap all by himself. He must read the Onion to keep up with current events and for inspiration. :D

#10     Aug 15, 2011