Obama to change birth control rule

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

Your posts are empty. They add no value. They detract from threads with no exception. They're not even entertaining. You just phone them in. You're a wise-ass but without the wisdom.

#21     Feb 10, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

What is Brass?

(Don't you just love Jeopardy?)

#22     Feb 10, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

Oh oh. I know this one. Bzzzzzzzzz

Alex: Yes, PSPR!

PSPR: What is the empty casing called that is left after you have fired your round? Often found laying around the range as they have little value and are considered worthless by most.

Alex: That is correct. You have taken the lead, PSPR. Please chose a category.

PSPR: Let's continue with ET Idiots for $300.

#23     Feb 10, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

#24     Feb 10, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Once again you arrogantly presume too much with nothing but a dreamed up "basis".

But yes, if it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling of accomplishment, I did copy your silly response from another thread. Think of it as...karma.

#25     Feb 10, 2012
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

You're making his nipples hard. :D

#26     Feb 10, 2012
  7. Sorry to interrupt this and get back to the point of the OP.

I'm not sure his compromise will domuch to assuage the Catholic Church. It's not merely about the economics, it's about them providing health insurance which covers something that is viewed as a sin.

It's kind of like you start bringing a stripper around to yoour office on friday afternoons for entertainment and charging it to the company. Offering to pay for it yourself is hardly going to make it acceptable.

#27     Feb 10, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Maybe, maybe not. First, was the stripper... professional? : )

#28     Feb 10, 2012
  9. I was about to make the same point. This isn't going away.

#29     Feb 10, 2012
  10. Or, the simple comparison. A church starts a business. They are governed by child labor laws, OSHA, minimum wage, and all the rest of the rules. Additionally, if they receive money from the nasty old government, then that government may impose other rules.

The error you list is having the company pay for personal pleasures, that's more of a crime, wouldn't you say? Stealing from your employer to pay your stripper?

Since they say 90%+ of Catholic women use birth control anyway, it seems that the Church may just be trying to get too political.

I do think Obama was not wise in starting this right now, but his compromise may take care of it. We'll have to see.

c

#30     Feb 10, 2012