Obama to announce increase in taxes for businesses and wealthy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MrDODGE, Feb 21, 2009.

1. BVM88

BVM88

Without the poor, a rich man will not know that he's rich.

#41     Feb 21, 2009
  2. i have an even better idea - use your brain... they are pissing money down a hole & talking about national health care & medicare for 55 yo people on top of the give-aways? if you wanna cut the deficit, stop wasting money. how much have they throw at GM? GM's market cap is under $1B now... the more they get, the more they spend... why should my estate be talked to keep UAW types in $50/hr manual labor jobs? reorganize, wipe out the union contracts, legacy costs, etc... and leave my estate alone.

#42     Feb 21, 2009
  3. i like your idea. i can save a good chunk of change on CPA. im taxed at a flat rate on what i make & what i buy - if i cant afford the cost + the tax, i cant buy sumtin.. sounds good.

to answer why reps dont like this? there is no one to shake-down... no power if the system is simple...

#43     Feb 21, 2009
  4. i think almost everyone wanted him to bring change... remember the gov from new mexico? then he put geitner in charge of IRS? and daschle... shit man, other than hillary, who is certainly NOT change, his appointees are all lame - i mean big-time lame... and BTW, geitner got appointed and did daschle go to jail> no, he walked back across the street and took his seat in senate/congress/whatever. and what about his chief of staff and the ill senate appointment b.s.?

obama blew it. its ovah for barry - he is a hack.. volker is marginalized... summers, geitner, daschle.... on and on - where is the change?

and BTW, whats so bad with lower housing prices? and consumers saving more, cutting back on spending and paying down debt is an EXACTLY reasonable/logical response to being over-leveraged in an unsure employment market.

you forget that for every crooked pisshole bank that gets govt money, there is a good bank thats having to compete against the C & BAC, but w/o W/O GOVT funds... BAC didnt cut their losses with CFC - why do we give money for bad trade. the BIGGEST insult of all is the trading tax - tax the little guy to pay for CDS bullshit? i take that back, the biggest insult is that govt funds are used to bailout and then the officers get big bonuses and DO NOT cut the divvy... thats retarded. let the f**kers fail? wipe out the equity & bondholders takle a haircut.

so, what has barry done right? nothing! change would have been to let some of these companies fail.... barry blew more political capital in the first 6 weeks than anyone, evem ore that Billary's "dont ask dont tell"...

the one thing that comes outta his presidency is a viable third party

and the lamest of all is the mark-to-myth proposal... how can you solve a problem when you cant define it?

#44     Feb 21, 2009
  5. So? F the poor. I am tired of this lame argument for protecting the poor. We'll all be poor and won't be able to protect anybody if Nobama gets his way.

#45     Feb 21, 2009
  6. Here's even a simpler plan that would help. REMOVE THE TAX EXEMPT STATUS FROM RELIGIOUS PEOPLE AND ORGANIZATIONS!

This would be a TRUE separation of church and state.

#46     Feb 22, 2009
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I always love how the stupid projections they have work out. It's a little bit like me saying I have 2 inches flacid and a few seconds after I saw a naked picture of Adriana Lima I was up to 7 inches that must mean that within five minutes I'll have six fucking feet. That's how these clowns make these stupid projections, they are meaningless and based upon assumptions that don't hold up in the real world. It does not matter though because they have dumbed the public school system down to the point that the average 8th grader in 1950 would make the average graduating HS Senior in America now look like a complete fool. At least the new American kid wont pick on the fat kids though (coz chances are he is one of them).

#47     Feb 22, 2009
  8. So Obama moves to enact the changes he campaigned on. Why the uproar? If he had went beyond that like with a transaction tax I could understand the outrage, but this? Obama won the election and he has the mandate. his opponents better pick their battles and save it for when it really matters or it will be like the story of the boy who cried wolf.

#48     Feb 22, 2009
  9. piezoe

piezoe

That's the common wisdom, but it's not true. It would be a trivial matter to get around this objection by exempting food energy and housing. (Or exempting them with a cap.)

#49     Feb 22, 2009
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Neither can it afford "trickle down" economics and laissez faire capitalism.

Nor can it afford, I might add, to waste, year after year, 2000$ / per person on unwise and unproductive military adventures and useless military hardware.

If you want this ridiculous "trickle down" "war mongering" "unbridled capitalism" to continue, you'll have to pay for it. And it's VERY expensive. So choose your medicine, inflation or taxes.

#50     Feb 22, 2009