Obama to address nation at 9 p.m. Eastern as stalemate on debt talks continues

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by BLUEDAY000, Jul 25, 2011.

1. I NEED TERM LIMITS. I'M TOO STUPID. PROTECT ME FROM MY STUPIDITY. SOMEBODY STOP ME FROM VOTING FOR THE SAME GUY AGAIN.

#21     Jul 25, 2011
  2. ^ lol

#22     Jul 25, 2011
  3. BSAM

BSAM

LOL...I'd rather be an economic illiterate with a balanced budget than a broke economic intellectual.

#23     Jul 25, 2011
  4. bone

bone

Ummm... I'm not going to take the considerable time to count up all of the mistakes you've made and errors of omission in your last few posts.

47 States currently have balanced budget amendments. The ones that don't are the Blue states with monstrous deficits. In fact, Indiana has a $1.5B budget surplus.

And there is not one daily tracking poll that shows the President being helped through this mess; in fact, his poll numbers have been getting worse and worse. Which explains why he has manufactured this crisis - he could have passed a budget and raised the debt ceiling in December during the lame duck session.

#24     Jul 25, 2011
  5. At any rate, If I was a 2010 republican, President submits his budget, just pass it, sure no problem Mr. President as long as you don't raise taxes.

Raise the debt limit? Why not? No problem, as long as you don't raise taxes.

#25     Jul 25, 2011
  6. A state can have a balanced budget amendment. A nation would be stupid to have such a thing.
    If you can't figure out why, well, I certainly ain't taking the time to explain it. If you haven't gotten it by now, you ain't ever going to get it.

#26     Jul 25, 2011
  7. I'm waiting for Boehner ..........

#27     Jul 25, 2011
  8. I thought that 'Gang of Six' proposal was a pretty fair one. What ever became of that?

#28     Jul 25, 2011
  9. the republicans exist for one reason and one reason only, and that is to keep taxes low.

Unfortunately to satisfy their lust for power they also have to include bigots who are anti gay and fundamentalist Christians who are anti abortion even though those two special interest groups don't give a darn about taxes.

On the other side is the democrats who think the government should raise taxes on anybody who has more money than me.

#29     Jul 25, 2011
  10. A balanced budget amendment is not the same as a balanced budget.

If voters want big federal gov't spending coupled with low taxes- which the majority of US voters do - Congress will find a way to do it regardless of BBA status.

It's completely useless.

#30     Jul 25, 2011