Obama: the US can no longer fight the world's battles

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jan 20, 2012.

1. #11     Jan 20, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

So far, we (as part of a coalition of nations) are doing nothing more than imposing economic sanctions on Syria. In your opinion, is that too much US involvement there?

#12     Jan 20, 2012
  3. So Obama increasing the pressure on the Syrians is now an act of war? Since when is the US not at least a friend to those who demonstrate for freedom? Even Grover Cleveland, who was so anti-imperialist he wouldn't even annex Hawaii, thought we should be a friend to anyone looking for liberty.
    I mean, this isn't just taking it to an extreme; this is zany. Stupidly so.

#13     Jan 20, 2012
  4. Democrats, faced with the tough choice of whether to help our allies defend themselves against the onslaughts that will certainly destroy them, or to continue the welfare-inner-city-reservation system that brings them those all important Black Votes without which they could not win an election... are doing the right thing [just ask'em] and dumping their allies all over the world!! Go Democrats!!

#14     Jan 20, 2012
  5. #15     Jan 20, 2012
  6. OccupyThis is clearly a fucking idiot and so are the rest of the morons who try to compare Bushs Iraq and Afghanistan war to Syria /Libya etc

I wonder is they really cant tell the difference

#16     Jan 20, 2012
  7. Why is it our job to defend other nations ?

Bushs Iraq war will cost over 4 trillion,4,000 American lives lost,over 100,000 Iraqi lives lost,30,000 American troops wounded,Saddam kept Iran in check now that he is gone warmongers are expecting The US to do it and warmongering neo cons like you just want to do it over and over and over again.

#17     Jan 20, 2012
  8. So we are currently at war with Syria ? You're a fucking idiot

Your time would be better spent occupying a classroom

#18     Jan 20, 2012
  9. There goes "HOPE" for the rest of the world.(Some people do appreciate our efforts)

Secondly.I happen to like the fact we have the biggest, bad ass military in the world.

#19     Jan 20, 2012
  10. The rest of the world can deal with their own problems

#20     Jan 20, 2012