Obama- The over hyped unproven theory.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NeoRio1, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

No why, do you want to blow him?

#21     Sep 27, 2008
  2. No just wanted to make sure you are an inbred and you did it for me.

#22     Sep 27, 2008
  3. Maybe that wasn't a very good choice, given that the debt has been doubled. Under Gore, for example, during the 2000 debates, he repeatedly warned that Bush's tax approach would lead to massive deficits and debt.

Once again, every article is warning that McCain's economic policies will lead to higher deficits than Obama's.

#23     Sep 27, 2008
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Hey you got any any good Publix coupons you're not using?

#24     Sep 27, 2008
  5. First of all i am no right wing nut, i am a moderate that questions why a very young and inexperienced but influential man is the democratic candidate. If an executive board found a star lower in the ranks of their company they would not instantly vote him to be the Chief executive officer. They would let him grow and see what hes got on the battlefied of business, not merely swallow up all hes got to say and promote him to the top guy. The only thing in defense of Obama so far that i have heard is that he went to harvard, he was a senator for a couple years, he has made a lot of speeches and that Bush sucks, oh yeah and everyone who is not voting for Obama is either a red neck or an inbred or a racist or a religious freak.

The bottom line is that 18% of voters are still undecided because they want to vote democrat, but the realist's like myself are still dumbfounded that the chief candidate (which actually may have the ability of doing a good job) is so untested.

#25     Sep 27, 2008
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

EVERY article? Every single article on the planet? Or do you mean every article that
    YOU choose to read, whilst ignoring all others.

You're a pretty amazing guy Dave. I mean you (in your mind) are ALWAYS right about EVERY thing. You're candidate (in your opinion) has NO faults whatsoever and you (think) you have a rebuttal for EVERY comment that doesn't agree with your self admitted agenda.

wow

#26     Sep 27, 2008
  7. Every article with a financial breakdown. For example, the Economist states that McCain's plan “will not come anywhere close to paying for the tax cuts.”

Can you post one with a financial breakdown that doesn't show McCain's budget plan costing more?

:) I wish! My wife will disagree with you quite vehemently. I just research a lot and try to cite everywhere possible.

Obama's faults? Well for one, he's a member of a party which has no balls to fight the Republicans who have no problems removing 700 year old rights from the citizenry.

If the Republicans came up with an idea to wiretap the citizenry illegally, the Democrats would negotiate a "middle ground" which allows it. Oh wait, they already did that.

#27     Sep 27, 2008
  8. The points you make are so obviously true you have to wonder how anyone with any common sense could dispute them. If someone just hates McCain, I can see that, but to maintain with a straight face that Obama is qualified is absurd. He has not even been properly vetted by the media, whch cares more about some DUI Todd Palin got 20 years ago than Obama's many questionable associates.

I see three things at work here. A lot of people are attracted by the fact that by supporting Obama, they can have that black friend they always wanted, at least vicariously. Two, they have been brainwashed by the media's fawning portrayal of him. Finally, Obama is very charismatic and charming, thus we get the young and ignorant saying they "trust" him, even though they have zero reason to.

#28     Sep 27, 2008

9. Or we could just see the obvious:

"He was a state senator, and a US senator where he wrote, sponsored and co sponsored thousands of bills. He's harvard educated (where he was also the editor of the law review) and has a history of bringing people together and getting things done. We're sick of old people with "experience". Experience in what? Experience is only valuable when your attempting to replicate past results. We don't want the past results. I don't want "experience", I want someone who has fresh ideas and an innovative mind with the aggressiveness to get something done. The old dogs have had their time in politics and its over now. Just like sports teams, and tech companies, the government needs fresh new talent. Thats what Obama is. I can't think how many times i've done something better in my life than the "experienced" could do it. Why? Because I don't stubbornly hold on to the most inefficient way to do something just because i have been doing it that way for the last 30 years. Can you think of a better example of that attitude than politicians? Young people are becoming more prominent than ever in every industry as well as government. You old guys can either compete or get out of the way. It's how it is in sports, entertainment, business and now government. I watch Cspan and it disgusts me. i watched the senate banking committee and all their "experience". Those guys didn't even know that oil was priced in an open futures market. John Mccain admittedly doesn't know the function of the federal reserve rates (he "wishes they were zero"). Sure they all have experience, but they are idiots. The fact is I could have done a better job on the senate banking committee that day, ME. I could have commented on bernanke's rate cuts. I realize that its impossible for one person to know everything. However the senators on that committee had to know they were questioning oil prices, yet they in all their "experience" didnt even bother to have an aide explain to them hw the futures market worked. Not only do these old senators not know a damn thing THEY DONT EVEN BOTHER TO LEARN. Mccain didn't even realize that bernanke has cut rates so much, which means he's so far out of touch with whats going on, what good could he do? And if he did realize the rates were being cut drastically he didn't even bother to learn what their function was?? He's been in the senate for decades!! Obama may not be an expert on rates or the economy, but i GUARANTEE the day that he learned what was going on he sat down and figured out what was going on in this country...lets face it...it doesn't take a rocket scientist. Not so long ago I didn't know what was going on either, but I'm aggressive and intelligent enough to FIND OUT. You can have your experience. I will take intelligence, tenacity and talent over experience doing things the wrong way any day."

#29     Sep 27, 2008
  10. If you want to see really brainwashed people look at talk radio listeners. During the primaries Rush Limbaugh proudly proclaimed that if "John McCain was the nominee of the republican party it would cease to exist as we know it" Fast forward to now, John McCain got a broad as his VP and "El Rushbo" has McBrilliant/Palin posters on his website. Who is naive here?

Experience by itself is worthless. Experience has to be relevant. If someone ran a lemonade stand could they run microsoft? What has john mccain run that would think he is qualified? What were King George's foreign policy credentials when elephant men voted for him over Gore in 2000(and McCain)?

McCain to me represents the very essence of the most idiotic policies of bush and takes it to the next level. Specifically cowboy diplomacy run by the seat of the pants with a bad temper. "Bring them on", "Mission Accomplished" "Old Europe vs New Europe" those things are not perceived as smart now nor will they ever be.

McCain by his own admission "does not understand economy as he should" Guess what, economy is everything, especially now. You can't have a robust military with a destroyed economy (USSR proved it decisively). McCain's understanding of economics is reduced to keeping Bush's tax cuts in place and the desire to fire SEC chairman (which the president can't...)

McCain is a dinosaur, an antique who does not even know how to use internet. Those are facts. Go back to the primary season. Republicans (and talk radio too) were pointing out how john mccain dropped "F bombs" on the senate floor while talking to his REPUBLICAN colleagues. His juvenile snickering and inability to behave properly during the first debate only underscores this point. I want "calm hands" on the nuclear trigger.

I want somebody with sound judgment (which is a subset of intelligence). Iraq War was a mistake that should have never been fought. Obama had the foresight to give what is referred as a "speech" criticizing it instead of being a warmonger. I know Obama won't snicker like a juvenile in a meeting with Sarkozy for example.

Bottom line, people that support McCain here are only repeating talking points instead of facts. They will never vote for "Hussein" no matter how stupid McCain is.

#30     Sep 27, 2008