Obama: The growth and jobs killer.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mvic, Oct 26, 2008.

1. No, lowering taxes made things worse.

Devalued the currency with debt, which increased oil prices.

#21     Oct 26, 2008
  2. Easiest way is to look back and say, did Bush's polices work?

No one seems to think so, yet them advocate continuing them.

#22     Oct 26, 2008
  3. How about leftist entertainers and news readers giving back. Smith makes less than Letterman, Brian Williams, Katie Couric none of whom add an iota of bottom line to their corporate owners.

#23     Oct 26, 2008
  4. Why just 'leftists'? I'm sure you can find a few 'wingnuts' to throw into the mix.

#24     Oct 26, 2008
  5. It's a religious zeal -- they know the one true path to financial nirvana.

#25     Oct 26, 2008
  6. Then the presidents are incompetent and should fire them if they're not generating any revenue.

#26     Oct 26, 2008
  7. Has anyone actually read the article ?
    This is what transforms any well intentioned poster here into a troll, impossible to have a respectful & meaningful exchange of ideas.

He makes some very good points, some of them would enrage the Republicans (immigration), some of them would enrage the democrats (Free trade) some of them would enrage both.....and ONE should enrage ETers (policies favor financial vs industrial work, he's perfectly right about that, I was a senior engineer at IBM, an enterprise architect but as much money as I made, it didn't compare to trading. I'm not producing anything now, just surfing on the hard work of others.
    ..and as long as capital gains are taxed less than income, I'll never go back to "working".
    and what are you people talking about ? ....GEEZ

#27     Oct 26, 2008
  8. What are YOU talking about? ST stock traders pay tax at an ordinary, earned rate........

#28     Oct 26, 2008
  9. Yes traders. not investors.
    I wanted to make a point, for which unfortunately , I'm a bad example.
    What I meant to say is once you save a certain amount and have it invested, and can live off my capital gains (not trading income.) I'm less taxed than a person who works for his income. I think it would be "fair" to have it reversed.

I reserve about 1/4 of my holdings for trading. the rest are long term and thus treated differently from a tax perspective, thus the distinction

#29     Oct 26, 2008
  10. I've considered all that also. Wages are sacrosanct etc. OTOH, with government employees receiving out-sized pensions I find it offensive for Big Brother to look upon MY retirement needs as some sort of windfall revenue center.

I'm in the same boat as you to a degree. I trade futures in one account, stocks in another, dividends, interest etc and it'll take a genius to figure out my taxes this year. It's getting old.....

#30     Oct 26, 2008