Obama The Dictator Decrees...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 5, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

At a Business Roundtable meeting today, President Obama warned Republicans to not use the debt ceiling as leverage in talks over spending cuts or entitlement cuts. Obama told business leaders they "should not accept going through" that "game" which would be a "catastrophe" for the country.

"That is a bad strategy for America, it's a bad strategy for your businesses and it's not a game that I will play," Obama said.

"I will not play that game, because we've got to break that habit before it starts," Obama later added.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._ceiling_fight_i_will_not_play_that_game.html

2. Good job by The President.Its in The Presidents power to raise the debt limit without Congresses approval and if the republicans try playing games with the nations credit again I hope he does

3. stoic

stoic

Wrong!!!

4. pspr

pspr

LOL IQ-47 strikes again. How do morons like him get through life?

5. Obama seems to be suffering from a megalomanic delusion that he is a king or dictator, similar to his buddy Morsi in Egypt.

The problem with his ridiculous proclamations and chest thumping is it makes compromise impossible. Republicans will lose all self respect if they meekly roll over. Obama is not so dense that he doesn't know this. So you have to wonder what his game is.

The thing is, probably half the House republicans would like nothing better than to bend over and grab their ankles, just to make the pain stop. He's making it hard for them to do that though.

6. The 14th Amendment of the Constitution says the validity of the public debt shall not be questioned

A default would cause an economic emergency,The president has the power during crises to take actions that are necessary to protect the country

IMO he should do and let the SC say if he is right or wrong

7. LOL piss poor strikes again. How do idiot morons like this get through life :confused: :confused: :confused:

What a fucking idiot V V V V V V

8. jem

jem

preposterous reading of the constitution.

as a citizen or state you might not be allowed to question it... but China can... and the U.S. has the sovereign right to default.
    That is what countries do after they going on spending binges....not that I endorse such action.

by the way here it is in context of the constitution.

4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

9. Considering its The Presidents job to uphold The Constitution its clear he has the power to make sure US debts are paid

10. pspr

pspr