Obama the Blamer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mercor, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Mercor

Mercor

Obama , the post partisan, post racial president comes out with a statement like this:

Because of the irresponsibility of the past decade, the President inherited a $1.3 trillion projected deficit upon taking office and an economic crisis that threatened to put the nation into a second Great Depression. He moved quickly to get the economy moving again. Now, the economy is growing, and we have gained private sector jobs for the past 10 months. But families and businesses are still hurting, and our top priority is making sure that we are doing everything we can to help boost economic growth and spur job creation.

Now, we need to turn our attention to addressing the massive deficits we inherited and the unsustainable fiscal course that we are on. Doing so will take some very tough choices. Just as families and businesses around the nation have tightened their belts so must their government. That must be done in a targeted way that focuses our investments in what works and in what will lay the foundation for job creation and economic growth for years to come while cutting back elsewhere in our budget.

This is not Leadership.

2. Ricter

Ricter

No? Because this sounds like leadership to me: "Now, we need to turn our attention to addressing the massive deficits we inherited and the unsustainable fiscal course that we are on. Doing so will take some very tough choices."

3. No mention of the $3 TRILLION of deficit he piled on during his 1st two years?? Where was his concern about deficits then? Or, was that just another campaign promise LIE?

4. "Now", as in half way through his term and after a historical midterm shellacking!

5. I think the real question and heart of the matter with this thread is:

Should an elected official cease being a politician once the level of
    presidency has been reached?

I would say mostly yes. I think its actually in their best interest in getting re elected.

6. Ricter

Ricter

I agree that would be excellent, but I do believe it is impractical.