Obama tells Africa to stop blaming the white man for their problems

Discussion in 'Politics' started by insider trading, Jul 10, 2009.

1. How is the one drop rule from centuries ago relevant to this discussion?

Most religions, census samples etc. assign mixed race folks the race of their biological mother. You are only born a Jew if your mom is a Jew. Societies know that papa's are rolling stones.

In Obama's case-a black dad who abandoned him early, raised in a white household-only in affirmative admissions world and white guilt world is Obama "black."

Compare Obama's political/academic exploitation of his black half to that of Tiger Woods who issued this statement in 1996.

"The purpose of this statement is to explain my heritage for the benefit of members of the media who may be seeing me play for the first time. It is the final and only comment I will make regarding the issue.

My parents have taught me to always be proud of my ethnic background. Please rest assured that is, and always will be, the case - past, present, and future.

The media has portrayed me as African-America; sometimes, Asian. In fact, I am both.

Yes, I am the product of two great cultures, one African-American and the other Asian.

On my father's side, I am African-American. On my mother's side, I am Thai. Truthfully, I feel very fortunate, and EQUALLY PROUD, to be both African-American and Asian!

The critical and fundamental point is that ethnic background and/or composition should NOT make a difference. It does NOT make a difference to me. The bottom line is that I am an American...and proud of it!

That is who I am and what I am. Now, with your cooperation, I hope I can just be a golfer and a human being."

Signed,

TIGER WOODS

#51     Jul 12, 2009
  2. Well, let me suggest that the one drop rule is still applied judicially, medically, and politically today.

Tiger Woods can say what he wants.

Society recognizes him as black and u, Pabst, as a politician are well aware this fact.

:)

Edit: Let me also add Mariah Carey and Halle Berry to this list.

#52     Jul 12, 2009
  3. Mercor

Mercor

You talking about people with 50% black, not one drop.
    Yes, If you look like a black person, people will consider you black....This is not racist

#53     Jul 12, 2009
  4. What happens on Wall Street...

Enlightened society, or a might makes right mentality?

#54     Jul 12, 2009
  5. Mercor

Mercor

What happens in business or in nature.
    Everyone is fighting for resources either money or customers or food.
    Each of us needs to find our strength to survive. In wall street one focuses on options or stock or certain sectors.
    In business , providing better products with better service will allow one to survive.
    In nature , location, hard work and creativity help you surivie.

This is why a tiny little fly can be as sucessful as the lion.
    Problem is when some overlord takes 25% of the food from the lion and the fly and give it to those who are unable to find their way

#55     Jul 12, 2009
  6. Flies and lions don't cheat, aren't corrupt, don't peddle influence...

The principle of might makes right does not apply to the concept of a civilized society...

#56     Jul 12, 2009
  7. Mercor

Mercor

There are laws to protect against that.
    Now if you mean things like ethics and morals, religious based things I agree.

Of course when a lion makes a kill I doubt flies have any issue about stealing food.

When a product is sold should a salesman say all the things he doesn't like about the product along with all the good. Is this the honest thing to do....Depends on your own beliefs. Why would a salesman feel guilty about not giving the good with the bad..unless he felt he might go to hell.

#57     Jul 12, 2009
  8. #58     Jul 12, 2009