Obama team targets Romney over taxes, Republicans cry foul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jul 8, 2012.

1. On Bushs records being leaked

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...xclusive-First-Obama-Columbia-Record-Released

Update: Several readers point out, correctly, that George W. Bush's transcripts were leaked by the media. All the more reason to wonder why the media has not shown the same interest in Obama's records.

#21     Jul 9, 2012
  2. Only fringers want every record of Obamas life

Its not just fringers who want Romney to release his tax returns.The media is calling on him to release them,Rick Santurum said he should release them,Chris Christie said he should release them,Newt Gingrich said he should release them etc

#22     Jul 9, 2012
  3. 2. Bush/Gore Grades and SAT Scores (posted March 23, 2000)
    (Updated June 17, 2005)

Confidential college transcripts and test scores obtained by the Washington Post reveal that neither presidential candidate, George W. Bush nor Al Gore, were shining students during their college days at Yale and Harvard, respectively. Although each earned respectable scores on the SAT college admissions test (a total of 1355 of 1600 for Gore and 1206 for Bush), neither did that well in their college courses. Both earned a mix of B and C grades. Gore's lowest grade of D came in a natural sciences course, while his top grades were an A in French and English, an A in Visual and Environmental Studies, and an A- in Social Relations. Bush's lowest marks were a 70 (of 100) in Sociology and a 71 in Economics, while his highest scores were High Passes in History and Japanese.

In 2005, the Boston Globe obtained comparable information on John Kerry's undergraduate record at Yale. It shows that Kerry had a cumulate grade average of 76 over

four years in school. His freshman year average was 71 and his senior year average was 81.

Bush at Yale

Gore at Harvard

SAT Verbal Score

566 (of 800)

625 (of 800)

SAT Math Score

640 (of 800)

730 (of 800)

Undergraduate Transcript

Political Science/Govt classes

73 (of 100) in PS14a

C- in Govt16

71 (of 100) in PS13b

C in Govt 116

Pass in PS48

B in Govt 1a

A- in Govt154

B+ in Govt98

Source: Washington Post

Satisfactory in Govt99

March 19, 2000

B- in Govt103

Pass in Govt130

Kerry at Yale

First Year Courses: 61 in Geology (grade of D)

63 and 68 in History (grades of D)

69 in Political Science (grade of D)

Later Year Courses: 79 in Political Science (grade of C)

77 in French (grade of C)

Senior Year Courses: 89 in Political Science (grade of B)

Source: Boston Globe, June 7, 2005

EDIT: This formatting sucks im trying to fix it

I also found this: http://www1.csbsju.edu/uspp/Election/bush011401.htm

3. I agree with that. However, its not that he used executive privilege, its how he used it in this case. he could have protected those docs at anytime over the last year, but didn't do so until holder begged him to (after being told he wouldn't get the investigation dropped by the committee chair).

4. I wouldn't mind seeing Romney's transcripts.. why not? It's not really the grades I care about.

#23     Jul 9, 2012
  4. This article states that Bush's records were released, not leaked.

Straight from the article:

Crucially, Obama has refused to release his college transcripts from Columbia and Occidental College, which certainly do exist. Other candidates--such as George W. Bush--released their transcripts, though their grades were not necessarily flattering.

The mainstream media has clamored for, and investigated, and leaked information about other presidential candidates. But not Barack Obama--not in 2008, and not now.

Never mind I just saw the update part

#24     Jul 9, 2012
  5. jem

jem

Taxers, Candidates and the leftist media...

Obama goes first. He has already had 4 years to compile.

#25     Jul 9, 2012
  6. You have a short memory jem. You forgot when you were screaming for the birth certificate and that one came back to bite you in the ass. This will end the same.

#26     Jul 9, 2012
  7. Where do these kids come from? Birthers and their ilk are just so damn stupid and mind-controlled it's sickening. How do we get then to change the channel on the TV? Like watching Picard being controlled by the Bork.

#27     Jul 9, 2012
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Meanwhile, the occupy wallstreet crowd is the epitome of rational thinking, those guys really have their heads screwed on straight..... If only we allowed them to run the country, everything would be better.....

#28     Jul 9, 2012
  9. jem

jem

bite me in the ass? go back and read the thread about the georgia case.

I wanted a court to examine the issue.
    Obama's case was tried on the merits. Obama did not show up. He would have been defaulted had Orly idiot just accepted the default.

so, we got past procedural issues... got to the trial stage.

That is what I was asking for and predicting.

What I am saying is Romney should say he will produce more records when Obama produces his.

#29     Jul 9, 2012
  10. Obama has released 12 years of tax returns,its Romneys turn

#30     Jul 9, 2012