Obama team targets Romney over taxes, Republicans cry foul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Has Romney released his academic history transcripts,SAT scores etc ? Who was the last President or party nominee to do so ?

Fast and furious is an ongoing investigation everything should not be released until the investigation is complete

#11     Jul 9, 2012
  2. I don't know if Romney has released his academic records. Bush's were public. Obama said he would have the most transparent admin in history, but he can't even release his school records?

And the docs being concealed by executive privilege are part of the investigation.. hence the contempt vote.

If I were Romney, I would publicly state I would release my tax records as soon as we get to see BO's transcripts, it's just politics, and Romney appears to suck at it.

#12     Jul 9, 2012
  3. 1.Romney has not released his academic records

2.Bush did not release his academic records they were leaked

3.Fast and serious docs can contain sensitive information that should not be released.If thats the President belief then they should be kept confidential

4.I don't think Romney wants to release his own transcripts

#13     Jul 9, 2012
  4. what was he thinking not cleaning this up before he ran for president.

who seems less american in the eyes of voters? a president who was born in hawaii but has lived by the rules all his life, raised an american family and has shown no greed in his career or a man born of privilage in america who conspires to escape his responsibilities as an american to save a few bucks.
    if obama were white it would be a landslide election.

#14     Jul 9, 2012
  5. jem

jem

If Romney has a half a brain... all he has to do is say when Obama releases his records... Romney will release more.

Its perfect... its simple and Obama can't win on it.
    Please be smart Romney....

please...

so far you are not destroying Obama on the Economy and you should be.
    You are a leader and an organize...

America desperately needs competent economic leadership.
    We have had more than a decade of economic morons in Washington.
    We are close to the abyss and you have to step up and step us back.

#15     Jul 9, 2012
  6. jem

jem

Romney's statement.... in case his staff needs help.
    For immediate release.

We are hearing calls from a group of people we call the "taxers".
    These "taxers" want all sorts of irrelevant info and documents.

In an apparent attempt to shift focus from the economy to irrelevancies... The presidents team has joined the taxers.

There are similar groups in america, groups who desire all sorts of info and documents from the president. Tax returns to passports to school records and dissertations and more.

I have already produced my tax returns... if the President wishes for me to satisfy the demands of fringers... he will have to go first.

#16     Jul 9, 2012
  7. 1. Ok
    2. Are you sure? I believe Clinton's academic record was known as well and I found this: http://www.insidepolitics.org/heard/heard32300.html. I'm not sure how accurate it is.
    3. If that was the President's belief then why didn't he use his privilege when the hearings began? It wasn't until Holder wrote him a letter begging for protection, that he used his executive privilege. This was the day after holder's private meeting with Issa, where he didn't get what he wanted.
    4. Why?

#17     Jul 9, 2012

8. That would be a mistake by Mitt since his dad is probably the founder of the taxer movement

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...leased-12-years-of-tax-returns/1#.T_svypE7WnA

Romney's father released 12 years of tax returns

Mitt Romney says he's looking at how previous presidential candidates have handled releasing their tax returns -- and there's one compelling example that hits very close to home.

George Romney, father of the Republican front-runner, released his tax returns for the previous 12 years just before his presidential campaign in 1968.

This newspaper clipping from Nov. 27, 1967, described the elder Romney's tax release as "a move believed to be without precedent in American politics."

Critics of Mitt Romney have cited his father's example in urging the presidential candidate to release his tax returns.

"Every day, it's clearer that the apple has fallen very far from the tree," said Michigan Democratic Party Chair Mark Brewer. "It's time for Mitt Romney to follow the precedent set by his father, and embraced by a generation of previous candidates, and release his comprehensive federal income tax returns for the past eight years."

#18     Jul 9, 2012
  9. jem

jem

When Obama releases docs to satisfy the fringers.. so will Romney.
    End of story.

Just like the K9 dinner story.

#19     Jul 9, 2012

10. 2.Your link dosnt work when I click it can you paste the story .Thanks

3.If the POTUS thinks records should be sealed,they should be sealed imo.We dont know what he knows

4.Don't know.Also don't know why he wont release his tax returns.personally I dont care to see Romenys school transcripts.He graduated from Harvard with law and business degrees thats enough for me

#20     Jul 9, 2012