Obama Taxes... Will The Faithful Supporters Rethink Once They Know??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gnome, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Guilt by color of skin, guilt by association, guilt by religion, guilt by political party, guilt by location...all the same for Adolph.

Look, Obama is black, has a Muslim sounding name, is a democrat, is liberal, and lives in Chicago...what would you expect from a card carrying member of the klannish...

Past due's personal well was poisoned a long time ago, and like the man who wears rosy red glasses sees only red, Passed away sees demons and ghosts in every shadow in broad daylight.

The man is waaay past his prime, growing old, and seeing his future as an old white man in a country where he is the minority in many different categories..."passed him by" is one of the more ignorant and fearful types you will ever run into, a modern day Archie Bunker.

#41     Aug 25, 2008
  2. You're really starting to piss me off with your truthiness:

http://www.answers.com/truthiness

They're black, so affirmative action was necessarily at play, eh? Could it be that Michelle Obama got into Harvard because she graduated cum laude from Princeton? Might her earlier academic achievement have had anything to do with it?

As for Barack Obama, might his extensive community service have contributed to his admission to Harvard? (You may wish to review what the school looks for in its applicants before running off at the mouth.) And if it was only a matter of affirmative action and not ability, then how is it that he became president of the Harvard Law Review and graduated magna cum laude? Meanwhile, you write your plurals in the possessive case with an apostrophe ("The Obama's"). How's that M-I-T spelling coming along, Pabst? Got it nailed yet?

#42     Aug 26, 2008
  3. GTG

GTG

Around the time of her promotion Obama slipped an earmark for around 3 million dollars to the hospital she worked at for a construction project.

#43     Aug 26, 2008
  4. This is similar to BO's cap gains proposals. Both are based on fairness, and neither make much sense.

- Mac program: proposed because about half the population no longer gets "free" health insurance. Will definitely screw lots of people. I pay for my own insurance, but still don't like this one. People won't be forced to actually buy insurance, they will just be taxed on its value. It's a tax. I am almost always against new taxes (cut the fucking spending), unless they encourage beneficial activity such as "green" technology use.

BO's cap gains. He has even acknowledged that raising cap gains on the wealthy will not increase revenue. Its based fairness. BTW, it is a FACT, not theory, that raising cap gains drops revenue, and vice versa. When they were raised to 28%, revenue dropped immediately and dramatically. The exact opposite happened when they were lowered to 15%. Not to mention the fact that most foreign countries now have low or no cap gains. It is after all double taxation. Guess where capital will flow if cap gains are raised?

Talk about a stupid proposal!

BTW, these increases/decreases in revenue were not a one time deal. They continued for as long as the rates were (are) in effect.

#44     Aug 27, 2008
  5. Arnie

Arnie

If everyone is so concerned about fairness, what about the 40+ million WORKING Americans that pay no income tax? That's about 1/3 of all workers. How do have any real tax reform with numbers like that?

#45     Aug 27, 2008
  6. Cesko

Cesko

Where is "fairness" located?? How does it look like? Does "fairness" have an absolute value?

#46     Aug 27, 2008
  7. Vote who you truly believe will be the better president. Tax is just one of many issues here. How often do these candidates really deliver on their words anyway. My major concern is McCain's age......i fear that he'll spend half of his term in the hospital.....like parttime VP and full time patient, Dick Chaney. Still undecided at this point.

#47     Aug 27, 2008
  8. That's why I hope he picks Romney. I'd love to see him as Prez. Yeah, he flip flops, but they all do. He is smart as hell and even looks like a president should however. And he definitely knows his shit when it comes to economics.

I bet he goes with Pawlenty though.

#48     Aug 27, 2008