Obama Tax Cuts

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jamis359, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Cutten

Cutten

There's this thing called insurance. And no one is forced to have a family they can't take care of.

Besides, what makes you think that this guy would suddenly want to extort innocent strangers using violent force, just because he falls ill or loses his job? Effectively you are advocating criminality as a legitimate response to falling into unfortunate circumstances.

Some of us are willing to take life's slings and arrows without forcing others against their will to cover our ass or become unpaid slaves for our personal benefit.

#41     Sep 14, 2008
  2. Cutten

Cutten

Charity should be voluntary. Exortion at the point of a gun or prison cell is not "charity" by any definition of the term.

#42     Sep 14, 2008
  3. Cutten

Cutten

False. Ireland specifically tailored their tax policy to encourage outsourcing centres there. They have one of the lowest corporation taxes of any country.

They had virtually no skilled labour in the 80s and early 90s, compared to UK, Germany, France etc. Today, they are still a popular outsourcing centre, despite their wages rising to European norms. The reason is tax policy, and business-friendly legislation and government allowing companies to set up there relatively quickly, cheaply, and easily.

#43     Sep 14, 2008
  4. Allen3

Allen3

"Well I guess you would just walk over someone poor dying in the street!"

My wife actually had one of her friends say that to her. This woman believes that all conservative minded people are horrible. So even though we are her friend she says we are racist, sexist, and cold-hearted. She of course believes every one should be paid for if they have a need, out of her self proclaimed embarrassingly large salary.

My wife and I are very conservative with our budget and try to put money away with responsibility. We give money as we can to people and organizations we are concerned with. The beneficiaries are generally poor and needy.

This woman doesn't save anything. She shops a lot, eats out a lot, goes to the spa a good bit (Went and got dipped in chocolate this year at Hershey's), re-did her kitchen and basement, took a trip to France, a trip to the tropics, bought a $1000 dog, and countless other financial decisions she has made in the last year. At any point as a free American she could have diverted those funds to the needy she claims to champion.

It is not acceptable to me for her and her like, because she is not alone in our acquaintances, to demand my decision making freedom in regards to our money.

For those of you that want to help everyone pay there bills and get health insurance that is your right. You can do it now. Give your extra money away to those you want to. No law stops you. No one is going to demand it of you. I would like to see at least one person I know follow through on their desire for everyone to have everything after calling me vile for not signing up with their program.

If any of you bleeding hearts start paying the insurance bill for Joe blow, check out the cool new flat screen in his living room, but that's another distressing story. I learn from my experiences.

JIM

#44     Sep 14, 2008
  5. Cesko

Cesko

"Well I guess you would just walk over someone poor dying in the street!"

My wife actually had one of her friends say that to her. This woman believes that all conservative minded people are horrible. So even though we are her friend she says we are racist, sexist, and cold-hearted. She of course believes every one should be paid for if they have a need, out of her self proclaimed embarrassingly large salary.

I know one lefty "do-good" wacko like that. And he is the most arrogant ( I thought I was bad) selfish, self-absorbed asshole I've ever known. Get little friendly with him and he becomes unsufferable.
    And yes he is "concerned" about those folks working at Walmart being "abused". At the same time he has absolutely no problem when others must do what he is supposed to do.

#45     Sep 14, 2008