Obama takes entire unemployment check

Discussion in 'Economics' started by spinn, Mar 26, 2010.

1. spinn

spinn

Obama has decided to take every penny of peoples unemployment check and give it to banks if they default on their mortgage....freakin brilliant.

"Banks and other lenders would have to reduce the payments to no more than 31 percent of a borrower's income, which would typically be the amount of unemployment insurance, for three to six months. In some cases"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/25/AR2010032502426.html

2. GTS

GTS

You are interpreting that quote wrong - it is saying that they will take 31% of the person's income and that income will be from unemployment insurance (if they qualify for this program they have to be unemployed), so its 31% of their unemployment insurance payments.

3. That is called the 'spin'.

4. spinn

spinn

I am not so sure. Unemployment is apparently 31% of your previous salary, up to a point. I really have no idea but it seems to me they will take all of it up to 31% of previous salary, i could be wrong though.

5. he is a joke

6. pspr

pspr

Don't worry. Uncle Obama is going to take care of all indigents. There will soon be no incentive to get a job and no incentive for companies to hire anyone new. I think that is his vision of UTOPIA - let the government take care of everyone and in return tell them how to live. The few who do have a job or business will, of course, pay for everyone else but the government will still tell them how to live.

7. nLepwa

nLepwa

Everyone's telling you every minute how to live.
    Mostly in subtle ways you can't even comprehend.

Leave America, get a different perspective.
    Then you might understand to what extend your thoughts are being manipulated. You'll also understand that you can't fight it.

8. How un-American to expect these poor victims to pay part of their mortgage with part of the free money they're leeching from taxpayers for doing nothing! What's this country coming to? :eek:

9. spinn

spinn

my point was its dumb to take every penny.

Hello failed trader Ross Canfield http://preview.collective2.com/cgi-...sion=1&displayblock=&refresh=1&sorttype=alpha[threadlist]&want=listmsgs&showthread=&msgid=&boardid=21738025&threadhilite=&msghilite=&numrecs=1&tablename=threadlist&numrecs=1&showfilter=

"WARNING TO ALL POTENTIAL SUBSCRIBERS OF THIS SYSTEM:

This vendor has committed multiple acts of deception against the C2 community as he has:

- posted fake review glowing reviews of his systems (which he had to retract)

- run software to generate thousands of fake page views to several of his systems here to make it look popular

- Fabricated stories and used aliases (J Tyll) to defend his actions, including that he has a wide following in the equities industry In his own words "I am very flattered by the reviews and page views, and I hope to be worthy of such praise. Many of my subscribers have been following me for years, and I have a wide network of contacts, which may explain the page views."

10. Apparently it's easy for a loser like you with 20,000 hours of unprofitable screen time to get your facts wrong and to post in favor of handouts. Most people who can't stand on their own two feet are all for handouts, the more the merrier.

They're not taking every penny, moron. In your own post it says they would reduce mortgage payments to no more than 31%. What part of 31% ≠ 100% don't you understand?

I'm also not Ross Canfield and have no idea who he is.

#10     Mar 26, 2010