Obama surrenders gulf oil to Moscow

Discussion in 'Economics' started by unretired, Mar 18, 2010.

1. I honestly thought you had more sense than this, based on some of your prior posts. Join" Real McCoy" on the creature list.

#11     Mar 18, 2010
  2. You mean CUbama Care? :eek:

:D :p :D

Obama speaks.............."chaaa hellooo tooo my leeettle doktor frieeend" :eek:

#12     Mar 18, 2010
  3. clacy

clacy

Innovating new technology and continuing to explore/drill from our current energy sources are not mutually exclusive.

#13     Mar 18, 2010
  4. Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

#14     Mar 18, 2010
  5. obama is just another "continuity of administrations" minion for Globalist entities......obama does not have JACK to solve any energy problems going forward!

obama and his minion puppet pals (rahm, zbigniew, etc) have been directed (manipulated) on how the deal is suppose to go down......in the end, the US citizenry is the LOSER as usual!

#15     Mar 18, 2010
  6. Name those places where there are actual legislations passed to stop drilling once oil was found.

#16     Mar 18, 2010
  7. rcaldwell, I have to agree, this site is still full of clowns who do not trade, have no ties to any position work or otherwise in the world markets, capital raising, etc.

To allow oil drilling in the gulf by BP when they discovered reserves estimates at 3.4 billion barrels of oil should have been a wake up call. Right off the coast of texas. But it wasnt'.

I fund, raise money, for Domestic Drilling projects here in the US. We raise well over 3 million a month for projects. Land drilling by midlevel oil companies, (Which is who I raise money for) is increasing as awarness of the overall "Future" of "Investing" in this country is broad'n. In other words, the guys that I deal with want Tax Breaks and great risk/reward, hence Oil Wells, which your able to write off 100% of the investment against gross income, no matter if you find oil or not, also your able to write 15% of every dollar pulled outa the ground off, the other 85 or so is taxed as income and revenue stream rolls in every month for 40 years, depending on the well. catch is, you gota fall under the Private Placement rules...and for me to deal with you, you have to have a minum net worth of 5 million and pay yourself, at least 600k a year. Otherwise, I don't deal with you. The problem....very limited individuals that fall in the latter ball park and very limited individuals in that ball park that have BALLS to do it.

So, let Russian Drill off the coast is a major mistake but not the end of the world. It will cost them far more money to drill platform style, it will take decades to even start to pull the oil, if they even can, from the sands. And oil has to stay in the high 80s for them to break even.

Just because you find oil, doesn't mean its gona come outa the ground....there is a lot that can go wrong.

So, the US should drill on land, and find 3 .5 million barrels per well and a few trillion cubic feet of gas, and do this in loads. Every 2 out of 3 of our wells is in production and if more companies, drilled, more oil would be found.

There is a boat load of nati gas in this country as well.

The move by the Russian's is to show the world how WEAK obama is.

PERIOD.

#17     Mar 18, 2010
  8. the1

the1

What is so difficult to understand? Russia drills in the Gulf and pumps out 100 Trillion barrels. Twenty years from now cars run on a little box that requires no oil and produces no or little emissions. All of a sudden those barrels of oil aren't worth so much. The world is heading in a direction drastically away from oil as an energy source but oil will be around for decades to come because so many products are petroleum based. A casual walk around your house or a quick trip in your car will produce 100's of items that originated from oil but as a form of energy oil will disappear. The US will compete globally with alternative sources of energy while Russia will compete with more oil and all will end well.

#18     Mar 18, 2010
  9. It's truly sad that you had to create a new username to say this...

#19     Mar 19, 2010
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

I love the word LET. The US LETS the Russians drill in the Gulf. Mind you it is perfectly LEGAL, by international laws.

Let's say an American oil company wants to drill in the Baltic Sea (perfectly legally, mind you) and the Russians object to it, because it is "traditionally" Russian interest sphere, there would be an American uproar about it.

I thought the point of capitalism was to let companies and countries to COMPETE with each other for a better/cheaper product for the costumer...
    :p

P.S.: Not to mention it is not guaranteed that the project is economically feasible...

#20     Mar 19, 2010